Summer pool water temps

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
DisneyDisorder

Summer pool water temps

Unread post by DisneyDisorder »

Headed down in 2 weeks and last time we were in WDW in the summer I almost got 3rd degree burns when I went in the pool at Pop Century. Literally warmer than bath water to the point where it wasn't even refreshing. Has Disney done anything to address this? They usually don't miss a trick. Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Summer pool water temps

Unread post by Admin »

All of the WDW swimming pools are heated up to 82 degrees, but I don't think they chill the water down if it goes above that. The brutal Florida sun does have a habit of making things hot though, so I suggest avoiding swimming mid-afternoon, and try for early in the morning or later in the evening.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Michalhassi

Unread post by Michalhassi »

Pool temps should be round about 28 degree to 33 degree, it is ideal temps for summer pool. When ever i go to pool its temps remain these degree. It keep away body from hot waves and remain body temps at a normal level.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

The pools are heated in cooler weather, but not refrigerated in the hotter periods, so the water can get quite warm if the sun has been on it all day. The Riverside pools do have some shade, and the AB ones are 6ft deep in places, which does help a bit.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -