Floor plans for every Port Orleans accommodation building

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Floor plans for every Port Orleans accommodation building

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

There have been room number layouts for the Port Orleans Riverside Magnolia Bend mansion buildings here on portorleans.org for a few years now, based on maps from the old Sassagoula Times handout which the front desk used to give out to arriving guests. However until now there has been no breakdown available for the other sections, which has been one of the most requested features from site visitors lately.

So, after much research and burning of the midnight oil over the Christmas break, I'm proud to present detailed floor plan layouts for every floor of every building at Port Orleans - that's all sixteen Alligator Bayou lodges, the four Magnolia Bend mansions and the seven French Quarter buildings. All of these new floor plans can be accessed by simply clicking on each building in the resort maps on the Alligator Bayou, Magnolia Bend and French Quarter pages.

I'll try to add even more detail soon, and provide downloadable PDF versions too, so there's more still to come. Although I'm pretty sure that the basic layouts are covered accurately now, if anyone notices any errors please let me know.

[Update 5-Jan-12] As promised I've now added extra detail, plus downloadable/printable PDF versions too. All of the building floor plans maps now include the room categories (Garden/Water/River Views, Preferred, King Bed, etc) and the locations of all of the Disabled Accessible rooms. Happy planning!
Millwall Steve

Re: Floor plans for every Port Orleans accommodation buildin

Unread post by Millwall Steve »

that must have took a lot of hard work but thank you, very useful. I go on the 25th March and now can see what rooms I stayed in before in 2009 and 2011
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, a lot of work! I've been doing some resort walks over the past few days, and I think I've got the last few remaining details that I needed sorted out, so the next update should be even better.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
BrendonMc

Unread post by BrendonMc »

That must have been very time consuming! It is VERY much appreciated!
TRwlnd

Unread post by TRwlnd »

Thanks for all the work you did. It all looks great.
Thorpy

Unread post by Thorpy »

Did they change some of the designations at the last refurb, a room we stayed in in 2009 is marked as wheelchair accessible, and it wasn't when we were in it ?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Thorpy wrote:Did they change some of the designations at the last refurb, a room we stayed in in 2009 is marked as wheelchair accessible, and it wasn't when we were in it ?
Yes, they did. Pre-refurb, most of the Accessible rooms were King Bed, but that caused problems for families for three or four where one member needed to use a wheelchair. Now most of the Accessible rooms have two queen beds.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
deckard313

Unread post by deckard313 »

Awesome job!Going to make my plans a little easier....
PAmom

Unread post by PAmom »

These floor plans were great when I planned our June 2013 trip. It allowed us to make a more precise room request and FQ came through for us.