POFQ Lobby Refurbishment due to start 13 May 2013

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

POFQ Lobby Refurbishment due to start 13 May 2013

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

As I posted a month ago, this spring will see Port Orleans French Quarter's turn to be given a brand new look for its main registration lobby area, similar to the work completed over at Riverside last summer.

I can now confirm that the work is due to commence on Monday 13 May 2013 and should be completed by mid-July. As always, please remember that work schedules can shift a little, but that's the best information I have at the moment. More details on the estimated completion date should be available in June.

During the period while the current lobby area is closed, all checkin and guest service functions will take place at the old Bonfamille's Café restaurant, just across the central atrium next to Scat Cat's Club - so when you enter the main atrium, you'll need to turn left rather than right.

Update on 20 April: Start date will be Monday 13 May, not 15 May as previously posted.

Update on 9 May: Check-in facilities are now located in the Bonfamille's Café area, in readiness for work commencing on the regular lobby next week.

Update on 2 July: The official re-opening is set for Monday 15th July, but services will probably start transitioning over on Friday 12th July.