Riverside's Bob Jackson to play at new Boathouse restaurant

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Riverside's Bob Jackson to play at new Boathouse restaurant

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

Update from Bob regarding this project:

"I was hoping to pick up some shifts on my nights off from the Port at a new Restaurant at Disney Springs called The Boathouse. Unfortunately, the gig was unable to launch before we could play the first note!"

Original Story:

Port Orleans Riverside's popular resident evening entertainer, the legendary "Ya Haa" Bob Jackson, will be soon spending even more time performing at Walt Disney World when the new Boathouse Restaurant opens as part of the Disney Springs development at Downtown Disney.

Bob is tentatively scheduled to start working at the new restaurant on his nights off from Port Orleans - does the man never sleep?! He'll apparently be playing on the water taxi there, and will be performing instrumental jazz standards with a sax player from 4pm-10pm on Sundays, Mondays and Tuesdays. The restaurant hasn't officially opened yet so the schedule below is still subject to change, based on a currently planned opening date of Monday 13 April.

Note: Bob has a personal day-off planned for Friday 10 April, so he won't be performing at the River Roost Lounge that day.

Wed 01 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Thu 02 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Fri 03 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Sat 04 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Sun 05 April - Ocoee Christian Church (10:45am-noon)
Mon 06 April - Off
Tue 07 April - Give Kids the World
Wed 08 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Thu 09 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Fri 10 April - OFF
Sat 11 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Sun 12 April - Ocoee Christian Church (10:45am-noon)
Mon 13 April - Boathouse (Disney Springs)
Tue 14 April - Boathouse (Disney Springs)
Wed 15 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Thu 16 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Fri 17 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Sat 18 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Sun 19 April - Ocoee Christian Church (10:45am-noon), Boathouse (Disney Springs)
Mon 20 April - Boathouse (Disney Springs)
Tue 21 April - Boathouse (Disney Springs)
Wed 22 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Thu 23 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Fri 24 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Sat 25 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Sun 26 April - Ocoee Christian Church (10:45am-noon), Boathouse (Disney Springs)
Mon 27 April - Private Event
Tue 28 April - Boathouse (Disney Springs)
Wed 29 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)
Thu 30 April - River Roost Lounge (Riverside)

Bob's schedule can also be found on his website, or subscribe to his monthly email newsletter.
MardiGroggy

Re: Riverside's Bob Jackson to play at new Boathouse restaur

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

Wow! I just hope Bob doesn't burn himself out. :P According to his website he will be playing on the "water taxi." No mention of actually playing inside the restaurant. He also says it will be all instrumental music, so it could be an interesting change from his River Roost "high energy" show. He is such a talented entertainer that I think some folks don't appreciate what a fantastic musician he is. Some of his own compositions are simply amazing. He is so much more than just a novelty act for the RR lounge. Great to see him getting even more exposure, although he is already a Disney institution and regularly plays at other venues around WDW and Orlando. (Don't know if we can afford the prices at the Boathouse, though. Maybe once in a while for a special occasion, but it looks a bit pricey to become regulars there.)

Looking great, Bob!!!
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

I very nearly posted an April Fool this morning that this move was going to be permanent, and that Bob would no longer be playing at Riverside after today because Disney thought it spoiled the relaxed ambience of the resort... but the timezone differences between me in the UK and US visitors would make the 'noon' reveal time a bit complex!

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
MardiGroggy

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

I've never noticed this cruel streak in you before, Andre. :twisted: Are you sure dealing with all these spammers isn't starting to get to you??? :? + :o + :shock:= :P :P :P
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
RiverRooster

Unread post by RiverRooster »

I spoke with Bob last week, he will not be at Boathouse. I'm not sure if this is temporary or not, he mentioned the particular venue he was scheduled to play at the restaurant was not going to be used. More to follow as this unfolds.
RiverRooster

Unread post by RiverRooster »

This just posted on his monthly e-mail:
"Update on the Boathouse: I was hoping to pick up some shifts on my nights off from the Port at a new Restaurant at Disney Springs called The Boathouse. Unfortunately, the gig was unable to launch before we could play the first note!"
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Update from Bob regarding this project:

"I was hoping to pick up some shifts on my nights off from the Port at a new Restaurant at Disney Springs called The Boathouse. Unfortunately, the gig was unable to launch before we could play the first note!"
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -