Non-stop ferry trial from POR & POFQ to DTD, 2-8 August 2015

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Non-stop ferry trial from POR & POFQ to DTD, 2-8 August 2015

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

According to Orlando Theme Park News, from Sunday 2 August to Saturday 8 August the evening Sassagoula River Cruise ferry boats will be trialling separate, non-stop, services from Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter directly to the Marketplace Dock at Downtown Disney between 5pm and 11pm nightly.

Any guests planning to hop between the two resorts during this period will not be able to use the water ferry service, however complimentary buses will be available from the bus stops at the front of each hotel.

Update on 11 August: I just heard back from someone in river transportation that the trial was so successful and popular with guests that it has already been decided to continue it indefinitely. This applies to boats after 5pm, when Riverside boats will run approx. every 15 minutes and FQ boats every 20 mins.

Thorpy

Re: Non-stop ferry trial from POR & POFQ to DTD, 2-8 August

Unread post by Thorpy »

The walk is a short and pleasant one, I'd be getting on the first boat available (assuming they share a dock at the DTD end)
grumpybearchemo

Unread post by grumpybearchemo »

I really hope they decide to keep this, I stay at French quarter and my mother is in a wheelchair, the amount of times we couldn't get on because there wasn't room, we've waited what felt like an age in the Florida sun, it actually used to put me off going to downtown in the evenings
MardiGroggy

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

We checked with one of the boat captains this afternoon (8/9) and they are continuing this arrangement indefinitely. According to him, it has been well received so far.
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

I also heard from one of the boat Captains that the trial seems to have gone down very well with guests, with almost universal approval in fact. So hopefully it will be here to stay!

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

I just heard back from someone in river transportation that the trial was so successful and popular with guests that it has already been decided to continue it indefinitely. I'll post more details when I know how it now works (still after 5pm? Route timings, etc) but it sounds like great news.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

This apparently still applies only to boats after 5pm, when Riverside boats will run approx. every 15 minutes and FQ boats every 20 mins.

Andre
stuart

Unread post by stuart »

Great idea which is really long overdue, one of a few things they seem to be doing lately to generally improve things.
Dixie Landings / Riverside Stays: Oct 96; July 97,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,15.
Back: June 23rd 2016