Beignet Sundaes and Bayou Burgers

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Beignet Sundaes and Bayou Burgers

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

A couple of new items have appeared at the Port Orleans food courts over the past few weeks, which is welcome news indeed after the removal of multiple options a few months ago.

Starting at French Quarter - and I can't believe this wasn't a thing already - but for $6.79 you can now get a Beignet Sundae - a larger sized New Orleans beignet served in a bowl with ice cream and sauce. A classic plus ice-cream too, what more could you ask?

And over at Riverside there is now a speciality Bayou Burger - Chopped Prime Rib on a 7oz Burger with an Abita Beer Fondue served on a Toasted Onion Roll with House Made Pickles (with choice of Coleslaw or French Fries). $12.99

(Thanks to Scott Campbell for the Bayou Burger photos, and Disney for the Beignet Sundae)
nashjw58

Re: Beignet Sundaes and Bayou Burgers

Unread post by nashjw58 »

During my 2 wk stay at POR last September I requested Beignets with 2 scoops of ice cream (mint chocolate chip) and they accommodated as snack on dining plan. You'd be surprised what you can get at resort food courts if you just ask politely. They enjoy stepping out of the box at times too.
tnstruax

Unread post by tnstruax »

Is the Beignet the same one that others have posted as being gluten-free?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Gluten free is something you have to request I think, it's not the regular version.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Thorpy

Unread post by Thorpy »

That burger looks and sounds nice. Wish I was heading back soon.