Port Orleans Riverside Mattress Replacement Program

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Port Orleans Riverside Mattress Replacement Program

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

All of the guest room mattresses at Port Orleans Riverside have been replaced over the past couple of months with new Sealy mattresses which have the extra quilted padded layer on the top. The replacement project for more than 2,000 rooms cost over $1m, but I can personally confirm that they are really comfortable!

The project also benefited French Quarter incidentally, as the most recently-installed of the mattresses that were taken out from Riverside rooms (there is normally a rolling program for mattress changes) were moved over to French Quarter to replace the oldest inventory over there.

You may also be interested to know that in addition to daily housekeeping cleaning, and more intense cleaning between guests, there is also a rolling program to ensure that every room in the resort is refreshed on a regular basis. For example at Riverside, every weekday 24 rooms are removed from inventory and given an intensive deep clean. This includes things like carpet washing, paintwork and decor touch-ups, minor maintenance jobs, etc. That way, every room receives special attention at least once every 17 weeks.
Battykoda

Re: Port Orleans Riverside Mattress Replacement Program

Unread post by Battykoda »

Do you happen to know what model of Sealy mattress was used with the latest refresh? We stayed last week and my backed loved it. Sadly I forgot to lift the sheets to check.

Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

I don't, sorry. I meant to do the same thing. :)

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Battykoda

Unread post by Battykoda »

No worries, had to ask. Thanks for responding :)