Mardi Gras Events — Tuesday 13 February 2018

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Mardi Gras Events — Tuesday 13 February 2018

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

If you happen to be visiting Port Orleans during Mardi Gras there are lots of fun activities around the resort and by the poolside which guests can take part in. Every year, Port Orleans cast members get the opportunity to enter a competition to see which department (Front Desk, Housekeeping, Custodial, Food & Beverage, etc) can dream up the most creative, best themed Mardi Gras parade floats based around the resort’s “pargo” cart vehicles. This year’s parade theme is Walt Disney World Sweets and Treats (Dole Whip Float anyone?).
  • 10am Mardi Gras Pargo Parade — Mardi Gras Pargo Parade traveling through both Port Orleans Riverside & Port Orleans French Quarter. See map for details.
  • 6pm—9pm Mardi Gras Masquerade — Join us in the Port Orleans French Quarter Lobby Courtyard for Mardi Gras fun for the whole family! Our Mardi Gras Masquerade will include a DJ, dancing, character meet and greets, a King Cake eating contest, a Decorate Your Own Mask craft (paid activity), a Decorate Your Own Glass craft (paid activity), giveaways, and more!
  • 9pm Movie Under the Stars — End your Mardi Gras celebrations by joining us on the green between Buildings 5 & 6 at French Quarter for a showing of The Princess and the Frog.
Image Image

Watch the annual Pargo Parade LIVE at 10am EST via the Eyes-on-Ears website.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mardi Gras Events — Tuesday 13 February 2018

Unread post by Admin »

Watch the annual Pargo Parade LIVE at 10am EST today via the Eyes-on-Ears website.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
MardiGroggy

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

For those of you interested in the 2018 Mardi Gras festivities, the photos I took are now available for viewing in my Gallery on the Photos & Media page. Enjoy!

One rather cool non-scheduled event was the presentation of a custom Funko POP! "Arneil" doll to the man himself. The surprise presentation was ramroded by Lifeguard cast member Chris Hardee (yes, I know his name badge says "James," but everyone knows him as "Chris"), who is leaving French Quarter for a new assignment at one of the Disney water parks. Joining him for the presentation was cast member Dylan Radford. The custom figure was a project that was supported financially and otherwise by cast members from various departments at the resort. I can tell you that Arneil was thrilled! This information has been posted elsewhere on Facebook, but I wanted to make sure the members of this forum had a chance to share in the moment. Unfortunately, to answer a common question of Facebook, this is a one-off custom figure, so it is not available for sale in the FQ gift shop. Maybe if enough people contact John Berko on his direct guest email address, Dsiney may try to get some. I know some of the management team are already aware of the interest. Here are some photos:

MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
abitagirl916

Unread post by abitagirl916 »

My daughter and I were staying at Port Orleans FQ during the week of Mardi Gras and we went to the party that night. We had such fun! It was our first stay at Port Orleans FQ and we just loved staying there this trip. I have been viewing your website for years now longing to stay there and this trip we made it happen. Thank you for all the information you provide.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

I love the way the Mardi Gras activities at Port Orleans have a lovely laid-back, almost "home made", feel to them, which is a nice change from the slick huge-crowd presentations in the parks.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
mamabunny

Unread post by mamabunny »

MardiGroggy wrote: February 18th, 2018, 7:05 pm
One rather cool non-scheduled event was the presentation of a custom Funko POP! "Arneil" doll to the man himself...

Oh! That is *so* sweet! I simply cannot imagine POFQ without our beloved Arneil! That FP is adorable - I know we would buy one (and display it proudly in our home!) if they were for sale!

Thank you so much for sharing! :)
The evening star is shinin' bright. So make a wish and hold on tight. There's magic in the air tonight, and anything can happen...
The Princess & The Frog, Disney Studios, 2009
MardiGroggy

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

You are welcome. I'm just glad I was at the right place at the right time! :D
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"