Minnie Vans coming to Port Orleans Resorts from 19 Feb

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Minnie Vans coming to Port Orleans Resorts from 19 Feb

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

There have been recent rumours, but multiple sites across the internet have just confirmed that Walt Disney World's "Minnie Van" service will be available from Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter starting from Monday 19 February. This service offers guests flat-rate transportation, using Disney vehicles and drivers, to and from anywhere within Walt Disney World. The cost is $25 plus tip for a maximum of six guests (including up to two children needing car seats) and the service is currently available from 6:30 am to 12:30 am.

Operated in conjunction with the Lyft ridesharing app, guests who wish to take advantage of this service need to first install the app on their phone and then have it validated at the hotel front desk or via the My Disney Experience app. Then they can request a Minnie Van pickup from anywhere on property and they will be notified of the expected arrival time and the vehicle number (as otherwise they all look the same - Minnie Mouse polka dots). Wheelchair accessible vans are available upon request. The Port Orleans pickup and dropoff point will be at the front of the hotel by the Porte Cochere. Note: some Disney deluxe resorts have been trialling using this system for airport transfers too (at a cost of $150) but that will not initially be available to Port Orleans guests.

jephsteph

Re: Minnie Vans coming to Port Orleans Resorts from 19 Feb

Unread post by jephsteph »

I love the Lyft service but I’m trying to get a grasp on what the advantage is with the Minnie Vans versus hiring an ordinary Lyft driver. It seems that general Lyft service is usually quicker and much cheaper. The general Lyft service also has the ability to make stops that are closer to your room area whereas the Minnie Vans only stop in the main area outside the lobby. When I was recently in Disney most of my rides were between 7-10 dollars. With tip we never spent more than 15 dollars. Also we find that the bus service at French Quarter is usually better than bus service at Riverside so we definitely use Lyft much less at French Quarter.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Minnie Vans coming to Port Orleans Resorts from 19 Feb

Unread post by Admin »

I suspect the only real positive difference is that the Minnie Vans are driven by Disney-employed cast members, so anyone wary of using the other more anonymous ride-sharing services might feel more comfortable. They also all carry at least two car-seats for children. That and the red and white spotted cars of course. :)

Otherwise, as you say, they do seem less flexible and a lot more expensive for the same journey - and you even use the same Lyft app.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -