More information on upcoming rehab room contents

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

More information on upcoming rehab room contents

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

French Quarter room rehabs are starting around now, as we already knew, followed by Riverside. Once the process gains momentum, two buildings may be done at a time for speed. The rooms will be completely gutted and fully renovated (including replacing bath tubs, basins, etc). New small cupboards with drawers will be added to the bathrooms. Flat screen TVs will be added on dresser-style units, with drawers underneath, and the old Riverside tall armoires will be removed.

I’ve also heard that the bedside tables will be made smaller (18 inches wide) to allow for... queen beds! From what I’ve gathered, the third-bed option in the Alligator Bayou rooms will be retained, but probably not in the form of the current trundle beds due to adverse guest comments about them being rather low to the ground. The talk I heard was of some sort of Murphy bed arrangement which might pull down from the wall, but I can't see quite how that would fit into the room layout, especially with connecting rooms. Time will tell on that one, I suspect.