More preview information on new room contents

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

More preview information on new room contents

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

Quote from a guest who has just returned from Port Orleans French Quarter, and which matches closely with what I managed to glimpse of one of the test rooms:
I asked at the concierge desk earlier this week about the refurb details and was invited backstage to see the display board! No pics allowed but they knew I was going to post some info. Unfortunately, it has been days since I saw the display, so I don't remember as much as I wish I did.

The colors are based on shades of the colors of the beads they give you in the lobby — gold, green, and purple — but not garish, more muted and the purple more royal. No blue in the room. Walls are a yellow cream with a cream and gold border at the ceiling. Bedspread is green with a gold design (possibly matching the border, but not sure) — not as bright or multicolored as the current spread — more elegant. I think the carpet was green. I can't remember the color of the chairs or curtains, nor do I remember the look of the table. The nightstand is smaller to accommodate the queen beds. The dresser includes the refrigerator, all one unit. Dark wood with some lighter inlays on the end. Flat screen TV.

In the vanity area, there is one long unit with two bowls instead of two pedestal sinks. I couldn't tell from the picture if the shelf that is currently above the sinks is still there. Dark wood trim around the vanity but open below, not a cabinet.

Someone wondered about the pictures in the rooms. They will remain, not being replaced.

Overall, I think the room looks very mature and tasteful.