Refurbishment work commences on Acadian House at POR

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Refurbishment work commences on Acadian House at POR

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

It has recently been confirmed by a visiting guest that Acadian House was being closed down by sections at the end of last week (June 24) and a sizable area of the Acadian parking lot was already set aside for construction equipment and vehicles. So it looks like work has commenced as planned, and the countdown is now on until the targeted completion date for this first building of 5th August. There is no indication as yet whether the building might be reopened in phases, or all at once.
cmanning127

Re: Refurbishment work commences on Acadian House at POR

Unread post by cmanning127 »

Any new updates? Pictures? of the refurbishment??? We have 55 more days so I am curious where the work stands
Looking forward to our POR stay in 9/2011
Planning our 10 year anniversary aboard the DCL
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

See the first message, no news is really expected until they re-open the building on or around 5 August. Unless they decide to open part of the building early, anyway.

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
big blue and hairy

Unread post by big blue and hairy »

I've seen the pictures of the Princess rooms and the haunted mansion rooms. Are there any pictures out there of the standard refurbed rooms?
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you!
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

big blue and hairy wrote:I've seen the pictures of the Princess rooms and the haunted mansion rooms. Are there any pictures out there of the standard refurbed rooms?
Not yet, they are still working on the first building. As far as we know there are not going to be any haunted mansion rooms, that was just a survey option.

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
steve70000

Unread post by steve70000 »

hi guys..first time on forums..

we are going 30-8-11 for 3 weeks to POR we have been here 3 times before and always stopped at arcadian house or magnolia terrace having a pool view well close.
and this time we are having 3 rooms there .so i was wondering dose anyone know if any of the arcadian house or magnolia terrace will be open for us to stay in there.

and if not would oak mannor be open for us to get the 3 rooms..

thanks guys
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, Acadian House should be fully refurbished and open again in just over a week's time. Magnolia Terrace will probably still be shut then though.

A.
rob100

Unread post by rob100 »

I am goiing to POR on the 30th august would love to be in ACADIAN HOUSE was there august last year
karengi

Unread post by karengi »

I was just looking in to see if there were any updates yet! I notice the first building is due to be completed in a couple of days... Very excited to see the results :)