Alligator Bayou buildings 14 and 38 now fully refurbished

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Alligator Bayou buildings 14 and 38 now fully refurbished

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

This weekend saw the refurbished opening of the first of the Preferred Location buildings in Port Orleans Riverside's Alligator Bayou section. Building 14 appears to have replaced building 39 in the refurbishment schedule, so with the reopening of building 38 last week, refurbished rooms are now available in AB buildings 14, 36, 37 and 38 (plus the Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace mansion buildings).

There will now be a short break during the holiday period and then work will commence mid-January on converting Oak Manor to the new Royal Rooms. The projected opening date for this section is 17 February, with Parterre Place following a month later. [Update: Opening of Royal Rooms in Oak Manor has been delayed by three weeks to 9 March]
mgdrummer78

Re: Alligator Bayou buildings 14 and 38 now fully refurbishe

Unread post by mgdrummer78 »

Are the beds becoming queen size? I can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere!
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, that's one of the main features of the refurbishments in fact.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Gitsy

Unread post by Gitsy »

Has anyone actually SEEN a refurbished alligator bayou room with 2Q beds AND a murphy bed? This is truly on my want list because my teen sons hate to sleep in the same bed now. :roll:
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

There are a number of photos in the News postings on the site if that helps, and the Guest Photo Galleries.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Gitsy

Unread post by Gitsy »

Thanks Andre! I'm hoping my 13 yo can fit in the Murphy Bed to avoid WWIII. It's hard to tell from the photos that those are queen size beds, but I'm thrilled!
mascara01

Unread post by mascara01 »

We will be at WDW March 23-29,2012 and staying at POR the room we have is in Alligator Bayou Preferred room with trundle bed will all those rooms be refurbished before we get there, or do I have to request a refurbished one?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

mascara01 wrote:We will be at WDW March 23-29,2012 and staying at POR the room we have is in Alligator Bayou Preferred room with trundle bed will all those rooms be refurbished before we get there, or do I have to request a refurbished one?
Of the four Preferred buildings, only building #14 has been refurbished so far, and no more are due to be completed before the end of March, so you stand about a 1-in-4 chance. Put in a request and see what they can do for you though to improve the odds.

Andre
mascara01

Unread post by mascara01 »

When the building 14 preferred room in alligator bayou was refurbished in Dec 2011 did they leave the trundle bed or replace it with the murphy bed?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

mascara01 wrote:When the building 14 preferred room in alligator bayou was refurbished in Dec 2011 did they leave the trundle bed or replace it with the murphy bed?
All the AB refurbished rooms have Murphy beds, the trundle beds are being removed.

Andre