Port Orleans Riverside Lobby (partially) re-opens...

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Port Orleans Riverside Lobby (partially) re-opens...

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

The main lobby at Port Orleans Riverside has re-opened today after its two-month refurbishment... well, almost. At a fairly late stage they decided to add an extra treatment to the floor tiles, which took a few days to apply and harden. This must of course now be done with the previously-completed section of the lobby too, so they will shut that side off again for a few days while the work is completed. Then the furniture will be put back into place. I don’t know what’s happening about the carpet though - I know that originally a new one was planned to be put down, but it looks like the new floor is all tiled to me.

But it's looking very nice already, this was taken first thing Tuesday morning (26 June):

Update on Thursday 28 June:

The Lobby Refurbishment work is now pretty much complete, with the carpeting (in the form of two giant rugs) now laid and all of the desks opened for guests. A few items of furniture still need to be added, and the kids' TV needs to be moved and queue lines set up, but otherwise it's basically done.

On first view, I'm not completely sure if the darker blue in the carpet might be one colour too many though, but I'm sure it'll grow on me. It's apparently proving very popular with guests.

Update on Thursday 29 June:

There is now a spaciously open section where the old Online Checkin desks used to be - there will be another large rug going in here, and more furniture, but that won't be for several months as the rug is being hand-made. Otherwise, a few small chairs need to be added in front of the children’s TV and some new stanchions for the queue areas which should be installed over the next couple of days.

The new light fittings over the desks seem very evocative of the period theming - and nice to see the lovely artwork on the back wall has been retained:

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Port Orleans Riverside Lobby (partially) re-opens...

Unread post by Admin »

The carpet was custom-made, and very expensive as it's designed for heavy 24/7 use.

Given that your email and profile says that you are a Malaysian carpet dealer with an interest in design though, perhaps you could design one yourself? (Please remember that this forum is about the Port Orleans resorts and advertising or solicitation for business is not appropriate here, thanks)

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
amyeliza

Re: Port Orleans Riverside Lobby (partially) re-opens...

Unread post by amyeliza »

I'm glad to see it's all completed. The last time I was there, it was under construction! Thanks for sharing.