Portorleans.org is five years old today

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
Admin
Site Admin

Portorleans.org is five years old today

Unread post by Admin »

I can't believe where the time has gone, but five years ago today the very first files were served out from the fledgling www.portorleans.org domain. It wasn't a full site at that point, just a collection of a couple of resort maps and a few pictures I think.

I first registered the actual name on 22 June 2007, and I noticed the timing because I've just this week paid the annual server hosting invoice for the coming year (all donations via the homepage gratefully received... LOL).

The first online post where I referred to anything from the site was on 1 July 2007, on the UK-based DIBB forums (after the idea was first mooted on 11 March in another DIBB thread). A proper 'menu-based' site was still a few months away (26 Oct 2007) but I think I shall count 1st July as the site's official birthday for now.

And now, five years later, the site gets around 1.5 million page hits a year. How time flies when you're having fun!

Thanks for everyone's support, and I hope this site has proved informative and useful.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
UnlikelyDisFan

Re: Portorleans.org is five years old today

Unread post by UnlikelyDisFan »

Andre,

A very Happy birthday to your site, may it continue to grow and develop as it has to date! Well done.

Certianly alsa want to send you thanks for putting it together in the first place and for all the hard work ad effort you put in to maiking so great again and again.

Cheers!
Bern1e

Unread post by Bern1e »

happy birthday forum :)

and awesome job andre , i ran a forum for over 7 yrs and i know the level of commitment and work it takes , if it was a paying job you'd be on a huge income

lets hear it for Andre

hip hip ......

:D
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

This forum section is a lot more recent, although having checked it's still about three and a half years old. I look on it as a sort of extension to the FAQ page, along with a place to post trip reports really.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
carolina24

Unread post by carolina24 »

Hooray! As I have said before, this site ROCKS!
deckard313

Unread post by deckard313 »

Happy Birthday!! Thank you for maintaing such a wonderful site about my wife and I favorite Disney resort!!!
DISNEYWORLD1971

Unread post by DISNEYWORLD1971 »

Happy Birthday Portorleans.org!!!! Love the site that is dedicated to my favorite resort.
JohnB

Unread post by JohnB »

I just wanted to echo everyone else's comments and add my own well done sir. Please enjoy your well earned and much deserved upcoming holiday.

John and Janet
Albany NY