Traveling with teens and beds

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
BluedressBlondehair

Traveling with teens and beds

Unread post by BluedressBlondehair »

Hi! First time poster here.
I have a question about POFQ.
We will be traveling there in July and taking 3 teens. We are getting two rooms, however they do not like sleeping with one another. And, of course, no one wants to sleep in the other bedroom with mom and dad (and dad’s snoring).
Do they offer roll always as an option? I know they have rooms with the extra little bed, and my daughter would totally sleep on that (she loves compact sleeping) but it won’t give me that as an option when pre-searching our room availability.
Does anyone have ideas or other options? My heart isn’t dead set on FQ, however I really want to stay there if we can. It just seems to have the best of all worlds.
Also, any tips on Disney and FQ are welcome. What restaurants do you recommend (in all of WDW)?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Traveling with teens and beds

Unread post by Admin »

There are no roll-away or fold-down beds available at POFQ, although you could take a single-size inflatable mattress with you (the hotel will provide extra sheets and pillows if you ask).

If you wanted to swap over to the neighbouring Port Orleans Riverside, you could book one of their two "5th Sleeper" room types, or a Preferred Location room. All three of those categories provide a fold-down "murphy" bed which would be ideal. See the pic in the Alligator Bayou rooms page: https://www.portorleans.org/alligator-bayou.php

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -