Oak Manor roof refurbishment construction update

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

Oak Manor roof refurbishment construction update

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

[Work was completed on time by 18 July]

The Oak Manor roof refurbishment work which started back in January is continuing apace. So far, the central three-story section of the building is complete, as is the river-facing wing on the Parterre Place side (i.e. closest to the quiet pool and the footbridge over to the main buildings).

They are currently working on the northern river-facing wing (closest to Magnolia Terrace) and that should be completed on 9th May. Then work will move over to the parking lot side of the building, with a currently scheduled completion date of the 18th of July.

(Thanks to RiverRooster for the photo)
mkkesmith

Re: Oak Manor roof refurbishment construction update

Unread post by mkkesmith »

We are checking into a royal guest room on June 10. Right now, we have a garden view, but to avoid the construction scene, should I switch to a river view?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

No real need to, just request a room away from the construction work. It will mostly be Standard View rooms (and only those in Oak Manor) that will be affected by then.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
amn5558

Unread post by amn5558 »

My husband and I are traveling to WDW at the end of September 2014. I think I read on your site that the construction to this side of the resort will be completed by then, but now I cannot locate that information. Can someone please let me know when the construction will be finished? I would just like to know whether or not I need to request a room away from the construction. Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

It's two posts above your reply... :) 18 July is the estimated completion date.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
RiverRooster

Unread post by RiverRooster »

Work has shifted from the river-facing area of the building to the parking lot section to the right as you look at the building from the driveway. There are white fences in place preventing guests from walking along the area from room 9007 through room 9026 (use the room layout Andre has provided for reference).
DisneyDisorder

Unread post by DisneyDisorder »

They are now working on the parking lot side closest to Parterre. Looks like they laid new tar paper down, just need the shingles on. Side note, I haven't actually seen one worker.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

In case anyone is still concerned, the work was completed on time, by 18 July.

Andre