POFQ Bus Stop Refurbishment Work Commencing 13 April

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
The Sassagoula Sentinel

POFQ Bus Stop Refurbishment Work Commencing 13 April

Unread post by The Sassagoula Sentinel »

Orlando Park News is reporting that the bus stop at Port Orleans French Quarter will be closed for refurbishment work starting on Monday 13th April:

"Guests staying at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter should note that the hotel's bus stop will be undergoing a refurbishment starting April 13. During this refurbishment, the bus stop (which serves the entire resort) will be temporarily relocated near Building 3."

As of now, the reopening date of the main bus stop has not been confirmed.

Update on 24 April:

The temporary bus stop is in the parking lot behind building 3 (so just on the other side of the main lobby building to where the normal bus stop is located) and they have set up a tented covered area, with seating and some potted plants, for people to wait. I know that the work includes replacing some concrete, but I'm not sure of anything else that might be planned (e.g. a wait-time screen?). See DISboards Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread for a few photos.

Update on 30 April:

The main bus stop at Port Orleans French Quarter will be re-opening tomorrow (1st May) after three weeks of work replacing roadway concrete.
MardiGroggy

Re: POFQ Bus Stop Refurbishment Work Commencing 13 April

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

I'll be curious to see what sort of "refurbishment" would necessitate temporarily relocating the entire (meaning both sections) bus stop to get it done. Maybe expanding it to accommodate the newer articulated buses? I'm all for anything that will help move people more efficiently on the bus system.
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
st34

Re: POFQ Bus Stop refurbishment starting 13 April

Unread post by st34 »

Hello, has there been any more update on what is happening at the station?

I rang last night to ask and the person on the phone said the bus station is running as normal.

what updates have been carried out?

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Re: POFQ Bus Stop refurbishment starting 13 April

Unread post by Admin »

I've not heard that the work has been completed, but I've asked someone who's there at the moment to check.

The temporary bus stop is in the parking lot behind building 3 (so just on the other side of the main lobby building to where the normal bus stop is located) and they have set up a tented covered area, with seating and some potted plants, for people to wait. I know that the work includes replacing some concrete, but I'm not sure of anything else that might be planned (e.g. a wait-time screen?). See DISboards Port Orleans French Quarter Q&A Thread for a few photos.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

The main bus stop at Port Orleans French Quarter will be re-opening tomorrow (1st May) after three weeks of work replacing roadway concrete.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
st34

Unread post by st34 »

Thanks for the update Andre.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Oh, and just in case anyone was wondering, they didn't add a wait-time TV screen, the work was all concrete replacement and some re-painting.

Andre