Building Request

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Mgrayar

Building Request

Unread post by Mgrayar »

Hello all, we arrive on January 25th and have booked a River View category room. We are a party of 5 so we will either be placed in building 14,27,or 38 as these are the only 5th sleeper river view options.

I’m planning to put in a room request but had a few questions for the experts.

1) is the south depot bus terminal as bad as I’ve read elsewhere? I see reports of it being the last stop and having already full busses during popular ride times. Is it bad enough that Bldg 38 using North Depot would be a no brainer?

2) are the non-refurb completed rooms tired enough that I should prioritize bldg 38 over a more conveniently (to coffee) located 14 or 27?

3) are the Bayou buildings loud if you have a family above you? We are not mobility challenged so stairs would work if necessary, however I’d prefer first floor.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Mike
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Building Request

Unread post by Admin »

1) I usually use the South Depot to be honest, and while it's true that it can be the busiest stop (and is also the last, so at peak times there may already be a fair few people on the bus, possibly even standing room only by the time the bus leaves) I can't say I've ever felt it was unmanageable. It also has the plus of being the faster journey, because the buses depart directly to the parks from that stop without any further pickups. And from building 14 (which is the closest to everything else) it's a very short walk to the South Depot.

2) I actually prefer the pre-refurb rooms as I think there's a bit more character to them, but that's just my opinion. That applies to most of the recent refurbs at WDW to be honest. It's up to you though, look at photos on the web and get an idea for yourself.

3) If you have no reason for needing the ground floor (mobility or stroller access) then yes I would suggest asking for an upper floor. They are generally quieter (both from lack of noise above and less foot-traffic outside) and the views are lovely. It's only a single flight of stairs, and there are four stairways in each building so no need to walk around to find one.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Mgrayar

Unread post by Mgrayar »

Thank you very much!!
Ieng3woo

Unread post by Ieng3woo »

Thanks!
Kippiis

Unread post by Kippiis »

Thank you!
Thorpy

Unread post by Thorpy »

We've often used South depot because in busy times there were members of staff out there, and they appeared to manage the buses. If a particular park was building up a queue at the stop, I think they hurry up the required bus or call for a reroute. If you're waiting at an outstation, you're just waiting. It may be psychological, but coupled with breakfast and a stroll through the shop it was always a nice way to start the day.
We were offsite last year so I'm not sure where they got up to with teh display boards and whether that changes things or not.