Relaxing Resort

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
canadajewel

Relaxing Resort

Unread post by canadajewel »

My family just got back from our first stay at Riverside. I can't say enough good things about it. Coming from the snow, it was the perfect place to stay to enjoy all of the gorgeous landscaping - flower gardens, trees, water fountains and beautiful lawns. We stayed in Acadian house - all of my room requests were met. We were very close to the bus stop, 2 pools, and laundry. Unless you are really lazy, the concern about the distance to the food court from these rooms is not necessary. It's all very close.

We loved the pool - great life guards there that actually enjoy their jobs! I've never seen that before. They were watching carefully for every little thing and I saw one jump in an help a little boy once.

Buses came within 5 minutes of us getting to the bus stop every time except one: we waited maybe 15 minutes to get the Animal Kingdom bus. We watched about 6 Magic Kingdom buses go by while we were waiting!

The food court is awesome! Lots of variety, good healthy options at a third of the price of the sit down restaurants. The chefs were amazing at providing safe food for my son with anaphylaxis.

Lots of activities for the kids too: games at the pool (with prizes), campfire (free marshmallows!), outdoor movies etc.

All of the staff members were very nice and helpful. Rooms were a good size and very clean. The beds were comfortable too.

Just a couple negatives that are worth mentioning:
-check-in was VERY slow! And this was at 11:00pm. I didn't think we'd need to do online check-in since we were arriving so late, but there was a huge line and the process of checking in was ridiculously slow.
-I wasn't that impressed with Boatwrights. It was probably the worst of the 8 table serve experiences that we had during our two week stay.
-The courtyard of Acadian house was a pick-up/drop-off for tour groups. So it was often noisy there early in the morning and late at night. I would rather face the parking lot next time than a gathering place for teenagers.

Oh, also, Magical Express worked well for us.

Anyway, we'd stay there again for sure!
BigRedDad

Re: Relaxing Resort

Unread post by BigRedDad »

Glad you had a great time. I am counting the days til we get there. Anxiously watching the weather and hoping for the long term prognosis to change. I really want low 80s during the days. Right now it is looking like 60s/40s.