POR visit 9/5-9/10

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
Figmentsgirl

POR visit 9/5-9/10

Unread post by Figmentsgirl »

Port Orleans Riverside is my favorite moderate resort. I recently stayed there with a friend and wish I had known about this website prior to our visit (thanks to DisDining.com for the heads up). I have stayed in Magnolia Bend on my previous visits so I wasn't familiar with the layout of Alligator Bend. We ended up in Building 36 - what a walk. It wasn't so bad in the morning but at night it seemed like forever since we got off at the South depot most nights for one reason or another. Next time I will specifically request Magnolia Bend or closer in in Alligator Bayou. We did really enjoy being right by one of the quiet pools since we had planned on using one of the days as a "quiet day" and not spending all day at one of the parks.

We had the Magic Bands and I really enjoyed the convenience of not having to dig for the room card every time I wanted to do anything. Also, using the FastPass+ system as really great. I do agree with another poster that you do kind of have to be a contortionist sometimes to keep the magic bands on and use them.