Themed comforter bedspeads replaced with plain white sheets

News Updates about the Port Orleans Resorts.
Forum rules
Comments are welcome in response to news posts, but you can't start your own news topics here.
herbandtez

Re: Themed comforter bedspeads replaced with plain white she

Unread post by herbandtez »

well yuck! :x
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

And not looking much better in Magnolia Bend. Probably the least impact so far though, as apart from the bedhead artwork the MB rooms are more lightly themed anyway.

(thanks for the photo John)

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
OleMan

Unread post by OleMan »

Hi everyone I'm new to this site. My question may be a bit odd but her goes anyway. Does anyone know if some Disney entity or maybe a different group will be putting the bed spreads up for sale? As big time dis-geeks my wife and I would love to purchase a couple from different resorts. Never hurts to ask :D
Thorpy

Unread post by Thorpy »

When we go to riverside I usually just slept under the bedspread and not the sheets, being a duvet user of 30 years, I'm not a fan of the tightness of sheets. Are the replacements thinner as suggested elsewhere ?
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, a lot thinner I gather. And all tucked in too (it's a sheet/blanket/sheet sandwich as I understand it)

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
UnlikelyDisFan

Unread post by UnlikelyDisFan »

So after a serise of rather large (and very publicized in news outlets) outbreaks of bed bugs in the US over the past couple of years perhaps the reason is actually much more mundane....

You can see bedbugs on a white background quite easily and hence keep folks from bringing them home with them...
Thorpy

Unread post by Thorpy »

I have heard rumours of themed sheets being used somewhere else, forget which resort it was. I was podcast listening and doing something else at the same time. Which suggests the company may have reacted to something by shifting out the old bedspreads quick, (was there any notice ?). Pllain white would be common and therefore easily available in large numbers, they may well plan to revert to themed as they can get them manufactured.
It's be putting 2 and 2 togerther and getting "hopeful", but it wouldn't be any great surprise if the patterns at some point com back.
kbingel

Unread post by kbingel »

Hi All,

Happy to tell you that I am here right now. Trip report coming later, but I will tease you with lots of pixie dust. Or as we say now, "trust the dust!"

As for the bedding....they do have the bed scarfs now in the royal rooms at least. For me, I would rather have fresh laundered bed cover than bedspreads. They have always grossed me out. So I am not finding it so bad. The bed is comfortable and really, with all that "stuff" in there....the white with bed scarf added looks rather nice IMHO......:). :D

We love Riverside so far!

Karen
herbandtez

Unread post by herbandtez »

stayed in a king room at French quarter the first week of December and had a bedscarf on the bed. it appears to be the same fabric as the bedspreads were made of. I liked the cleanliness of the white. wasn't as bad as I imagined.
Kid_at_heart

Unread post by Kid_at_heart »

I think the solid white top sheets are hideous in the otherwise gorgeous Royal Rooms. SO much so that I was re-thinking even reserving a Royal Room. So in case anyone was wondering...
I called Riverside direct just a few moments ago and inquired about the white "sheets". I was connected to Housekeeping and was advised that, currently, all Royal Rooms have them, but the nice lady I talked to seemed to indicate that a future change back to something more colorful/themed was likely. She couldn't say definitely, but sounded encouraging when I asked if the possible change could be expected before my trip at the end of September 2014!!! I sure hope so, the look of the solid white TOTALLY ruined the entire ambience of the room. I was also glad to find out that I was not the only one who felt that way. Apparently, they have received lots of complaints about them.
zabache

Unread post by zabache »

Is anyone there than can tell us if the bed spreads have been changed? I will be going in a week. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

I had a word with my contact at Riverside (management, not regular CM) and he said that he is not aware of any plans to change the top bedding again in the near future as they spent quite a bit on these white covers and they have received very few negative comments from guests anyway. He checked with the housekeeping manager and they are not sure why this information was given out to a guest, or by whom, but it does not appear to be true. He also mentioned that the Disney photographers have recently spent some time re-doing all the shots of the various room types for the website (I don't know how long it will be until the site is updated though) and he said that wouldn't have been scheduled if more changes in the rooms were imminent. Sorry everyone.

Andre
Stef

Unread post by Stef »

Outside of sleeping I spent less than 3 hrs a day in my room at FQ last year and I am assuming it will be the same for my upcoming trip. I understand that it's a big change and the old comforters were lovely, but I would rather have white with a scarf and know its clean than the coloured and be wondering!!! I stay on site for the facilities, the grounds , the service and the transportation. Sure the old covers were nice but their absence will not impact my enjoyment.
Carolrita

Unread post by Carolrita »

I am wondering if they might have had a problem with bed bugs. They would be easier to spot on white. I've have stayed at POR 4 times and have never seen a bed bug (and I check!), but it's possible. I hope not because I plan on visiting again in August, God willing.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

All hotels will have had issues with bed bugs at some time or other, sadly that's the nature of multiple-occupancy rooms where there's always a flow of new guests arriving.

But you're right that lighter bed covers do make them easier to spot - however the sheets have always been white, so not sure whether that's the whole reason for the change in the covers.

Andre
Carolrita

Unread post by Carolrita »

Good point Andre.
bobbrger

Unread post by bobbrger »

Carolrita wrote:I am wondering if they might have had a problem with bed bugs. They would be easier to spot on white. I've have stayed at POR 4 times and have never seen a bed bug (and I check!), but it's possible. I hope not because I plan on visiting again in August, God willing.
Yeah idk, I've never seen or heard of anything like this problem.