Great Stay March 31 - April 7th and Information

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
SoCalJay

Great Stay March 31 - April 7th and Information

Unread post by SoCalJay »

This was our second stay at POR. Once again we were fortunate enough to be in the front Alligator Bayou buildings again, this time 16. We stayed about 5 years ago and were pleased to see only a few things had changed. Our room was clean and comfortable and the murphy bed was MUCH better than the trundle the last time! The pool activities were terrific and the kids loved them. We noticed that the Ol' Man Island pool seemed warmer most of the time than the quiet pools.

Our only "concern" was the way the staff were driving around the golf carts on the grounds. This resort is huge and they need the transportation to quickly move from place to place, but our experience was they rarely slowed down or seemed to be watching for us. It seemed worse after dark. So just be careful if you hear one coming! I did not mention it to the hotel, mostly because we always were in a hurry to catch a bus or get a little one to bed when it happened.

One thing that is huge to note for those using the resort airline baggage check and the Magical Express bus is that not all guests are allowed to precheck their luggage! We received a note the morning of check out that in order to provide this service, a number of guests must be randomly selected to have check in bags at the airport and have baggage screened. We were not able to use the service so we had to take our luggage with us and check it in at the airline counter. Plan accordingly that it could happen.

Transportation can get slowed down at times, even with the transportation representative present. Give yourself plenty of time for reservations or FastPass times.

We have recommended this resort to friends and will continue to do so! Any concerns noted are certainly not complaints, just intended to give your information and things to look out for! We were treated very well by all at the resort. Have a great stay!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Great Stay March 31 - April 7th and Information

Unread post by Admin »

SoCalJay wrote:One thing that is huge to note for those using the resort airline baggage check and the Magical Express bus is that not all guests are allowed to precheck their luggage! We received a note the morning of check out that in order to provide this service, a number of guests must be randomly selected to have check in bags at the airport and have baggage screened. We were not able to use the service so we had to take our luggage with us and check it in at the airline counter. Plan accordingly that it could happen.
That's interesting, I've never heard of that before, they've always said that all eligible guests (i.e. ones flying with the airlines that support the scheme) can pre-check their bags, and certainly that's what the paperwork implies too. Did you happen to ask about whether this limitation was routine, or if they had problems during your stay?

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
SoCalJay

We did not inquire. We just assumed it was a TSA requirement and did not ask. I will see if I can find that note and post a photo. If not, I will try to contact the resort and ask. We got back from breakfast and were going to call the number to pay baggage fees and found it on our door.
SoCalJay

Attached is a copy of the letter we received from the Magical Express the day we checked out. Hope it uploads properly!
Attachments
0412141725.jpg
0412141725.jpg (920.37 KiB) Viewed 14344 times
MardiGroggy

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

Hmmm... I wonder what you call the opposite of "pixie dust?"
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"