Page 1 of 1

using personal car for transportation

Posted: July 9th, 2009, 2:50 pm
by Incredimom3
Hi, Thank you for providing this useful resource. I will be traveling to POR in September via my own car. Our family usually avoids the buses and drives to the parks, except for MK. This usually allows us to get back to the resort faster in the evenings. I was wondering whether you'd recommend parking at Epcot and utilizing the monorail system when traveling to MK or would it still be faster to use the resort bus to MK? It appears that POR is close to Epcot.

Re: using personal car for transportation

Posted: July 10th, 2009, 2:03 am
by Admin
Personally, I'd still suggest sticking with the Disney bus for MK rather than parking at Epcot and taking the monorail. Yes, Epcot is close to POR but if you use the monorail you'll still have to change trains at the Transportation and TIcket Centre (which is where the MK parking lot is located anyway).

Mind you, it might be worth doing just for the fun of it, if you're not in a particular hurry.

A.