Dec 2015 trip and tips for guests with disbiities

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
Jane16

Dec 2015 trip and tips for guests with disbiities

Unread post by Jane16 »

Hi, I visited POR for the first time in December 2015 and what a lovely time I had! We arrived after dark so it wasn’t until morning that I really saw how beautiful this resort is, woke up to a lovely warm sunny day, breeze blowing in the trees, and the sun reflecting on the river, lovely!
The room was lovely, we stayed in the Magnolia building and had a courtyard view, could not have asked for more!
The food court was great, good choices , clean and tidy, helpful staff. I have to say that I was a bit concerned that the food prices would be high compared to my last visit to WDW 6 years ago but I have to say we were pleasantly surprised (we are used to London prices I guess). Over the ten days we ate at several de luxe restaurants including Le Cellier, Be our guest and the coral reef plus medium range and quick service restaurants and only spent half of what we budgeted for.
I loved the bar area as well and the ye ha Bob show cracked me up! Try the strawberry lemonade and if you just want a light diner try sharing the sliders on the Bar food menu!
Merchandise prices all over the wdw properties has gone up a lot I’d say but I didn’t need much , already have a talking Donald Duck so my life is complete ! Seriously though, be selective there is tons to choose from and easy to get carried away, I did buy some really pretty Christmas decorations but these will last for years and remind me of a fantastic time !

I must give a mention to Craig on the concierge desk, he went out of his way to help me when I missed the Christmas Party due to a migraine fixing me up with replacement tickets , for which I am so grateful was the top experience of my trip!

My top tip to those with a disability or mobility difficulties would be hire a scooter for the length of your stay, the resort is huge, a scooter will help you enjoy the environment much more than if you are struggling. Also take and afternoon break, have a nap and go back to the parks in the evening refreshed!
Hope this helps anyone going to POR soon, I will be back!

Frostbird

Re: Dec 2015 trip and tips for guests with disbiities

Unread post by Frostbird »

I've planned to rent a mobility scooter but am having trouble finding one I trust. I cancelled my first reservation because of erroneous info on their site, my emails being ignored and horrid reviews. Can you recommend a vendor?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dec 2015 trip and tips for guests with disbiities

Unread post by Admin »

I haven't any personal experiences on the subject, but one company that I see recommended very often is www.buenavistascooters.com, which is located by the Boardwalk at Walt Disney World and offers free delivery to other local hotels.

For more information try sites like AllEars.net (e.g. allears.net/pl/ecv_faq.htm).

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -