Awesome Port Orleans Stay for Spring Break

How was your stay at Riverside? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans RIVERSIDE Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
ATLmom

Awesome Port Orleans Stay for Spring Break

Unread post by ATLmom »

My son and daughter (9 and 4), my mom (grandma!) and I went to Disney World the week of April 3-8. It was our first time in a moderate resort. (We've stayed twice at All Star Sports, once at a Disney Springs area hotel, and once in a rental house off property.)

We are in love with Port Orleans!

We arrived in Orlando around noon and went to Disney Springs for lunch (Earl of Sandwich), explored a little, then headed to Winter Sunmerland for mini golf. We finished our game a little before 3 and drove to the reaort. Just as we pulled into a parking space I got the text with our room number!

We went straight to Parterre Place to our gorgeous Royal Room! No detail was left unturned. There was a wall of princess portraits, a large portrait of Tianna, and two flags with silhouettes of the princes. On the floor was Aladdin's Magic Carpet and the faucet was Aladdin's lamp. The shower curtain had a dinglehopper and snarfblat! On the table was a note from Tianna! The headboard lit up with a fireworks show. My daughter was in princess heaven and even my son thought it was cool!

After we unpacked we checked out the fountain and rose garden in front of the building, then walked across the bridge to Riverside Mill for dinner. (The first of many food court meals!)

The next day we had early breakfast reservations at Cinderellas Royal Table and took the bus at 7. I am a big fan of Disney transportation but I may drive the car more often next time. The buses were standing room only every single trip.

We went to parks most mornings, came back for naps and swimming after lunch, and went back to the parks for dinner.

One day we spent almost entirely at the resort. We played at the arcade and walked the whole resort. We caught the boat to Disney Springs for lunch at TRex Cafe, then came back to swam in the quiet pool AND the Old Man Island pool.

That evening we had an early dinner French Quarter (jambalaya - yum), then went on a carriage ride around the resort. After the ride we walked across the bridge to the camp fire where there were unlimited marshmallows to roast! The perfect dessert!

We played on the playground and had an epic tetherball battle too!

That night we watched The Little Mermaid under the stars. What a perfect end to a great day!

Our last day Grandma caught the magical express and my kids and I had until 1 to meet my husband for a weekend at Cocoa Beach. We had one last Mickey waffle and bacon, then packed and loaded the car. We went cane pole fishing on Old Man Island - fun but we didn't catch anything. Then had lunch at the pool bar.

It was an awesome trip and we will definitely be back to Port Orleans! I can't wait to start planning our next trip!
betinajessen

Re: Awesome Port Orleans Stay for Spring Break

Unread post by betinajessen »

Any plan for year 2023 ?