Food court Refurb

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
Sunelis

Food court Refurb

Unread post by Sunelis »

Long time reader first time poster... Can anyone here post a review of the temporary food court at FQ? I'm going in November and want to be sure that eating at the hotel won't be too much of a hassle.
Thanks in advance.
MardiGroggy

Re: Food court Refurb

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

Welcome, Sunelis. If you are going to be there in November, you may get lucky and be one of the first to use the "new" food court. So far I have only seen "Fall" as the ending date for the work, but November is well along into that season. In the meantime, I suggest following some of the other threads here, and the main resort news page, for updates as the summer/early fall time period progresses. I will be there in a week and will stop in to check out the temporary operation, and Andre probably has done so already, but anything we can report now may well be very old news by November. In any case, the current information looks like things are going well, with an abbreviated menu, a bit less seating but in a very inviting setting, and shuttle service to Riverside if you really want/need the "full court" experience.

May the time fly by swiftly for you until your visit!
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
scottstripp

Unread post by scottstripp »

Food court not open until the 21st November
thadjo68

Unread post by thadjo68 »

That's Great news!! We will be arriving on November 25th. We are bringing my wife's mother with as she has never been to Disney World. We have been praising the Beignets for almost a year now. She can't wait to try them. This is our 2nd trip staying at POFQ, we love this resort!! I'm happy to hear that it will be open when we get there. I was told by a WDW CM a few months back that it will be closed until December 1st. I'm glad they were wrong. Can't wait to come home again!!
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

It's not open yet of course... I have been told it will be open by Thanksgiving at the latest, but refurb projects have been known to slip in the past.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
practicallyperfect

Unread post by practicallyperfect »

Fingers crossed it will be open for our December return!!