Advice getting King Riverview quiet

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
BridgetK

Advice getting King Riverview quiet

Unread post by BridgetK »

Hi! We're booked in a King room in FQ in January. We really want Riverview, quiet, with bldg off elevators (not right next to it, but I do need it and would like it at least at the end of our bldg w/o having to walk through another bldg.

What room request should we submit? Should we request exact room numbers? Would third floor be quieter? Looking at the map it seems like the far right bldg (I think 1) end unit looks ideal.

Unfortunately we have only stayed onsite once before, at Coronado in a King, and it was terribly loud. Paper thin walls with loud neighbors and then children running outside the room at 6am. We like to do parks late and sleep in. It's a trip for both our birthdays and hoping to be able to stay onsite in future but if this doesn't go well I'm afraid we're back to renting a house.
MardiGroggy

Re: Advice getting King Riverview quiet

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

BridgetK:

First of all, welcome!

The King rooms at FQ are an excellent choice for what you are looking for, but keep in mind that King and River View are two separate room categories. In other words, there are a number of King rooms that are not River View, and quite a few that are. A good strategy is to request by what you want to achieve, not by specific room numbers. For example, asking for a King with a River View will let them know you want to be near the river. Since all of the FQ buildings have elevators, you don't have to worry about being too far from the elevator in any of the buildings. My personal opinion is that the third (top) floor is quieter and we always request that for the same reasons you mentioned. The main noise that we hear is the occasional flushing of what I like to call the "Turbo-Toilets" that they have at Disney. The 3rd floor seems the least bothersome in that respect. You are correct that the "far right" 3rd floor room in Bldg. 1 (1326) is ideal (we love that one!), but there are some really nice King rooms with river views in 2, 5, 6 & 7 as well. In fact, the only building that has what I would consider less desirable views (parking lot side) is Bldg. 4. But 4 is closest to the main building and the bus stop. These days, if I book a King room, I just request the 3rd floor in any building EXCEPT #4, and we have yet to be disappointed, even with a Garden View room. Since there is no way to guarantee a river view room in the King category, I suggest you emphasize that you are both celebrating your birthdays, as that often seems to help them do their "pixie dust" thing. I am totally shameless in letting them know about special occasions, as it does seem to make a difference. :D

In any case, even if you don't get a river view, I think you will find it is a much different and more pleasant experience than Coronado Springs. We stayed there once and will not return. The French Qusrter is a much quieter, more intimate resort, with the added advantage of being a pleasant boat ride away from Disney Springs and all the great food and shops that they have there now. I hope this answers your questions. Be sure and check out all the neat information that Andre has on this site. It will help in your planning. If you have any other questions, let us know.
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"
BridgetK

Re: Advice getting King Riverview quiet

Unread post by BridgetK »

Thanks! Hoping for a good outcome, since we vacation mostly alone now it seems silly to rent a house but after last try we would have preferred an empty house since it would have been quiet!

I've read about every section here so I feel like I have some great info. Looking forward to beignets! The prices at the food court seemed really reasonable as well. We don't spend much time at resort but will try to stroll around this time.