Pool view buildings

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Ceilidhscot

Pool view buildings

Unread post by Ceilidhscot »

Hi

After looking at all the different Disney hotel, decided on POFQ only to be told, it had sold out for the dates we wanted next October. The agent then said he could get us a pool view room at Riverside so "took the plunge" so to speak and have booked that. There will be 3 of us (myself, husband and 8 yr old daughter) on our first trip to Florida.

Form touring plans, when I put in pool view (and 2 queen size beds), it brings up only two building - Arcadian House and Magnolia Terrace. Is that correct, there are no Aligator Bayou rooms that meet that criteria?

Assuming it's correct, which is the best building out of the two (if I were to request one) and which floor? Ideally id like a nice view but quiet.

And what's the best bus stop to go to for the parks?

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pool view buildings

Unread post by Admin »

There are lots of Pool View rooms in Alligator Bayou too, including six in building 18 which are really nicely located for easy access to the main buildings and the main (South) bus stop too. See the floorplan maps at http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php , click on each building in turn to see what room types are available (the light blue ones are Pool View). If you prefer the mansions (which are closer in theming to French Quarter) then Magnolia Terrace would be a good one to request, and perhaps upper floor if you want quieter. Again, see those maps for an idea of where you'll be located (from Magnolia, it's a quick walk across Ol' man Island to the main building, and there's a quiet bus stop (East) just behind the building.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Ceilidhscot

Re: Pool view buildings

Unread post by Ceilidhscot »

Thanks - I'll ask the travel agent to request a mansion room if possible as my daughter would prefer to stay in one of those.