Port Orleans - First Visit - sept 11-19

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
MexicanDad

Port Orleans - First Visit - sept 11-19

Unread post by MexicanDad »

I stayed with my two sons: 7, 4. me and my wife.
The experience was satisfactory.

Lobby/motor lobby/entrance: Just ok. Decor shouts "moderate hotel" with the exception of the central fountain feature which is nice.

Reception and Concierge staff: very good for a moderate hotel. Not particularly or exceptionally out of the ordinary for a value hotel elsewhere the US. Sort of disappointing for a Disney resort.

Food court and bar: food quality is good, variety is limited. Staff just ok.

Pool and Hotel grounds: very good. If you have kids they will love the pools. Landscape and walkways are nice and invite you to tour the grounds or relax in front of one of the many fountains. I enjoyed taking the boat to DD, walking to the pool, or just relaxing. Makes you feel in a very special place. Exceptional!.

Rooms: rooms are small, and overall need a refurbish. Furniture is old and closet space limited. Not that comfortable, I know, you are here to visit the parks, but still and wanting a place to relax, you will find yourself wanting to get out to the beautiful garden. But they are clean and housekeeping is very good. The best feature is that the whole hotel is VERY quiet.

Value: Good/fair for a hotel within Disney property and if you prefer to limit you hotel activities when in WDW

Overall I did enjoy my stay, had no problems and recommend the FQ.