Late April discounts

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
royhan

Late April discounts

Unread post by royhan »

I notice that the room only discounts for POR end on 14 April 2018. We plan to arrive a week later. Is Disney likely to be offering discounts for dates after 14 April and, if so, when are these discounts likely to be announced?
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Late April discounts

Unread post by Admin »

Well it's always possible, they announce new offers all the time whenever they feel they need to fill unsold capacity. However I wouldn't rely on it happening, nor that they would necessarily include Port Orleans if it does.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
royhan

Unread post by royhan »

Thanks Andre, I'll keep my fingers - and toes - crossed.
MardiGroggy

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

While I always defer to Andre on these matters, I will offer a couple of observations. The various discounts seem to "move" through the calendar like a sliding window, and it is necessary to keep monitoring the discounts to catch what you want as it "opens up." As you noted, I'm not seeing anything past April 14th yet, but you may see something in the next couple of months.

Having said that, I caution folks to not wait to make reservations if you have dates in mind that are set in stone. It is better to go ahead and book what you want and pay the deposit, then monitor for special offers. If something comes along, you can always re-book, then cancel your first reservation (if it can't be changed). Right now, with all of the refurbishment activity at the other Moderates, I think rooms will be scarce and discounts unlikely until that all settles down. For example, we are going to be at French Quarter for Mardi Gras (Feb. 12th), and there are no special offers that apply to FQ for that week. So, we're booked at standard rates and I'm already seeing signs that there may not be ANY availability at ANY rate for that time. (Riverside may be a more likely candidate than FQ anyway, due to its size and refurbs going on at FQ during the first quarter of 2018.) If you have "hard" dates, don't get totally snookered because there are a lot of rooms that are not in play at this time.

Good luck with your plans!
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"