River View in Alligator Bayou.

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
hugosalvater

River View in Alligator Bayou.

Unread post by hugosalvater »

Hi guys.
First of all, sorry if i make any english mistakes here (i'm not american).
I'm going to Disney next november and i booked a reservation at Port Orleans Riverside. For me it was very difficult to chose among all those options (standard, river view, pool view, preffered, royal rooms). At the end i decided that i wanted a River View in Alligator Bayou (closer to the main lobby and i found it more beautiful than Magnolia Bend).
I know all the Preferred rooms are at Alligator Bayou, but i didn't want to run the risk of getting, for example, a parking lot view paying for a Preferred Room. So, i decided to book a River View, and after that, try to request a room at Alligator Bayou.
Considering that all those preferred rooms are located at Alligator Bayou, does anyone know if i have a chance of getting my room there whit a River View reservation?
I ask this because i've seen here that river view rooms at Port Orleans include the Mansion Buildings plus lodges 14, 27 and 38 at Alligator Bayou, but when i check at the "Room finder" on Touringplans.com, the river views rooms do not incluse those at Alligator Bayou, so i got a little confused.
Thanks a lot!!
Hugo.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: River View in Alligator Bayou.

Unread post by Admin »

In this case, Touringplans is wrong as there are plenty of River View classification rooms in Alligator Bayou, specifically in buildings 14, 27 and 38. As you say, there are also some in Acadian House and Magnolia Terrace, but if you book River View and request an AB building then you do stand a fairly good chance of getting one. See http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for tips on how to submit requests. All of the individual room classifications can be seen on my floorplan maps at http://www.portorleans.org/floorplans.php .

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
hugosalvater

Re: River View in Alligator Bayou.

Unread post by hugosalvater »

Thank you so much!! That was really helpful!! :)