Sun and Fun Discount for POR

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
purplelizard29

Sun and Fun Discount for POR

Unread post by purplelizard29 »

Hi All - last year we booked POR for May 7-13 on the Sun and Fun discount and got the 15% off a Garden View room. I booked back in October for May 6-12 this year, hoping to get the adjustment when it came out, but I see this year it looks like the only Sun and Fun rooms available are the Royal Guest Rooms. I'm curious if I'm missing something, or this is the Royal Guest Room is the only current discount as of now? We booked in late February last year, and I believe all of the room types were included in the discount then.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sun and Fun Discount for POR

Unread post by Admin »

Discounted rooms can sell out quickly, it may be that those are the only ones left for your dates? Check some other days and see if anything else pops up? French Quarter didn't have any discounted rooms at all incidentally.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
purplelizard29

Unread post by purplelizard29 »

Thanks, Andre. I plan on checking into February.
MardiGroggy

Unread post by MardiGroggy »

Discounts of any kind seem to be very scarce this year for anywhere at Port Orleans. The current FQ work and the scheduled Riverside refurbishment will keep room availability pretty tight. And it doesn't help having all of the construction going on at Caribbean Beach and Coronado Springs at the same time. Moderate rooms will be at a "premium" for quite a while, unfortunately. Good luck, though. It never hurts to keep checking!
MardiGroggy
Aka: Steve

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"