First Timer! Question about checkout.

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
ADisneyMom

First Timer! Question about checkout.

Unread post by ADisneyMom »

Hello Everyone!

First I am SO EXCITED for my first stay at Port Orleans - the resort I have always wanted to try! The stars aligned for our upcoming trip in November and we are so excited!

This is my first time FLYING to WDW. We have always driven from Canada - we love a road trip! But now we have a young son and are bringing my mother so driving is a less comfortable option. On the day of our checkout, if our flight leaves at 4:30pm, would we be allowed to check out of our room at the required time but stay by the pool or linger around the resort for a while before DME takes us to the airport? Just trying to figure out logistics.

Many Thanks in advance! :D
Admin
Site Admin

Re: First Timer! Question about checkout.

Unread post by Admin »

There is a facility for late checkout with no extra charge (up to 1pm) but it's discretionary depending on how busy the resort is and whether they need the room urgently for another guest. Request it at the front desk (you can mention it when you checkin, but normally they won't commit to anything until the day before you checkout). I'd say you stand a pretty good chance of getting it most of the time. If you have more than one room booked, they generally will only grant late checkout for one room of your reservation.

If that's not possible, you can always drop your bags off with Bell Services at 11am and still use all of the facilities at the resort (including the pools) for the rest of your checkout day. The main pool provides towels, lockers, and a shower/changing room. If you are on a dining plan, any remaining credits and also your refillable mug will still work on your checkout day too.

Magical Express will probably pick you up about 3-4 hours before your flight time (depending on whether they class Canada as an international flight).

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
ADisneyMom

Re: First Timer! Question about checkout.

Unread post by ADisneyMom »

Thank you! Very Helpful! :D