Page 1 of 1

Anything new at the POR?

Posted: March 22nd, 2010, 1:19 pm
by EMM
We go every year and stay at the POR. The kids call it their home away from home, but I'm hoping at some point that something new comes to the resort. Has there been any talk about making this a character breakfast (at Boartwrights) for the recent Princess and the Frog characters? Any new decorations or room refurbs? We will arrive in 10 days and wonder if there is a new design to the refillable mugs. Last year was the red classic characters. We'd love to see a new mug that is more specific to the resort like in the "old days". I guess no Tiana on the mug yet?

If anyone has been there recently any news would be exciting to hear.

Re: Anything new at the POR?

Posted: March 22nd, 2010, 6:40 pm
by Admin
Sorry, there's not a lot of resort specific items around. The mugs are generic at all the resorts now, and there is very little (if any) resort-specific merchandise in the shop. Which is a shame.

On the plus side, your home away from home is just as beautiful as it ever was and I'm sure you'll have a great stay anyway.

A.

Re: Anything new at the POR?

Posted: April 21st, 2010, 11:56 am
by ctguy1962
I don't if the question was truly answered. Did the mug designs change from last year? I remember ours being red. Any pictures available of the new design? We're going to be committing treason by staying at Wilderness Lodge next month instead of Port Orleans Riverside. But I've stayed at Dixie Landings (superior name btw) in 1995 and 2000 and at Port Orleans Riverside in 2004 and 2009. Love the place and will be back it was just time to go somewhere different.

Re: Anything new at the POR?

Posted: April 24th, 2010, 12:29 pm
by Admin
The latest refillable mugs (same basic design as 2009) are white on their bottom half, with the top half having a fab-five character design on a bright red background. They taper slightly, with the bottom being slightly narrower than the top, and there are red, yellow or black handle/lid options. The design is the same across all of the WDW-owned resort hotels so there are no specific mugs for Port Orleans.

A.