trip review 6/3-6/8 2010

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
rosiep

trip review 6/3-6/8 2010

Unread post by rosiep »

I just returned from staying June 3rd through the 8th. Both my daughter and I fell in love with POFQ. I loved the small size of this resort and the friendliness of all it's staff. From the doorman to housekeeping.

Checked in online and had no wait upon arrival. My room was alot nicer than I'd expected. The only area that really showed it's age was the bathtub due to some chipping of the enamel which was repaired as best could be expected. It had zero impact on my enjoyment of the room as a whole.

We had a waterview room in building 5 overlooking the river, and our request for a top floor was granted. It was lovely. I had two sets of friends check in after I did and their rooms were upgraded so we could all be in the same building...it was very much appreciated.

The pool was delightful as were the lifeguards. On one occasion a thunderstorm kept us from using the pool. The lifeguards were all gathered around the poolside bar, keeping the guests entertained and playing ball with the little kids. Joe, the bartender, was extremely friendly as well, making my daughter a delicious smoothie since neither one of us drink alcohol.

I loved that POR was close enough to enjoy it's ammenities. We ate at Boatwrights, rented a surrey, and played in the arcade. We also used it's food court. The food court at POFQ was the only fly in the ointment. It was very small. I would have liked to see more items that were lighter, healthier fare.

On our last day, my daughter woke in the middle of the night feeling rather ill. In the morning I went to the front desk and paid to stay until DME came for us at 3pm. Housekeeping was so sweet, and as we were leaving caught up with us and inquired how she was feeling. Everyone was so sweet and kind, making a stressful situation much more bearable.

I've stayed at AKL last trip and really did not expect to love this resort after that grand experience...but I really did. I have also stayed at CSR and CBR.......POFQ wins hands down!!
disneygirl

Re: trip review 6/3-6/8 2010

Unread post by disneygirl »

I'm with you on this one...this is by far the best moderate resort...I also prefer it to the Wilderness Lodge resort (delux) we stayed in. Glad you enjoyed it so much. Bet you go back there!!!! 8-)
First Visit to POFQ May 1995
Off site in Kissimmee June 1996 (never again)
POR nearly every year since although we did go to Wilderness Lodge one year which was also really nice.
Off site LBV this year 2011 (Wyndham LBV - was just OK but never again)
Disneyland Paris - too many times to count but prob about 20 (not a patch on WDW)
The hubby has been to Disneyland California but was too young to really remember much.
jivesdisneymum

Re: trip review 6/3-6/8 2010

Unread post by jivesdisneymum »

I agree with you I'd pick POFQ over CBR any day!