I recommend POFQ over PO Riverside

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
dbrooks

I recommend POFQ over PO Riverside

Unread post by dbrooks »

Our Aug 4-8 trip was my first time back to Disney World in 20 years. Same for my wife. It was the first trip for my kids. It was so much fun. We had fears of lots of hassle with crowds, but we had no problems. We made sure we were at the parks before they opened, and we used FASTPASS religiously. We were chosen as the "Opening Family" one day at the Magic Kingdom, simply by luck and the fact that we were there early. Went in before anyone else, met Mickey and 8 other characters in TOON Town, rode train to front of park, and opened the park with MIckey!!! We were pinching ourselves.

We want to return within the next year or two. We're thinking about trying one of the other Disney resorts, but I have a feeling we will go right back to POFQ. The location is central. The pool and hot tub were perfect. The food was delicious. If you want a table-service restaurant, Boatwrights is a ten-minute walk. The beds were comfortable. Room was clean. Mousekeeping was excellent--our kids' stuffed animals were arranged differently every day by the staff! The theming was delightful--nice grounds, relaxing New Orleans music. But the best feature of POFQ for us was the transportation service. Very efficient. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a boat to Riverside or Downtown Disney, and the bus service could not have been better.

When deciding between French Quarter and Riverside, we finally chose French Quarter because we read that the buses pick up at French Quarter before Riverside. Also, French Quarter has one bus stop compared to Riverside's four. To our surprise and glee, every bus ride except one was on a bus that was a direct ride to or from the French Quarter and the parks. The trip to Animal Kingdom included stops at Riverside, but all other trips went straight to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios. Same thing on the way back from MK, Epcot, and HS. I guess it was because we were there in the busy summer season and more buses had been added to accommodate crowds. It was great. And, we rarely waited longer than 5 minutes for a French Quarter bus, going or coming. Longest wait was 15 minutes at Hollywood Studios because the previous bus had just left.

I know I will miss out on what other resorts have to offer, but I'm hooked on POFQ. Can't wait to go back.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: I recommend POFQ over PO Riverside

Unread post by Admin »

Sounds like another convert to Port Orleans. We're going to take over the world, you know! LOL

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -