August 4 - 17, 2010 Trip

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
disneymom620

August 4 - 17, 2010 Trip

Unread post by disneymom620 »

I had a fantastic stay at POFQ this past summer with my DDs ages 12 and 3 this past August. A former DVC member (with my ex-husband), I had stayed in values the 2 years prior, but this year was able to upgrade to POFQ. Other than a couple of short stays at Coronado, this was our first trip spent in entirety at a moderate. I chose POFQ because of its compact size, along with the beauty of the resort. I have to say that we were extremely pleased with our choice! I loved the overall theming and my DD 12 loved the boat ride to Downtown Disney. The staff was wonderful and our one issue at check in with a refrigerator cabinet door which had come off of its hinges was fixed by the time we came back from dinner on our first night. The pool slide was just the right size for my DD 3 who enjoyed going down Scales the Sea Serpent (or the "Dragon Slide" as she dubbed it). I have already booked our return trip for August 2011 and am excited to hear about the refurbishment scheduled for all the rooms. POFQ is my new favorite Disney resort!