8:55 at Boatwrights?

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Blurr

8:55 at Boatwrights?

Unread post by Blurr »

Hi guys!

First time post to the forums but long-time fan of Port Orleans. My wife and I have never dined at Boatwrights and wanted to for our next trip but the only available time for us to reserve is 5 minutes before they close (8:55pm).

This is fine with us, of course. But would anyone who frequents the resort more often care to weigh in on this sort of reservation time being generally frowned upon by the staff/cooks? We hate to be "those people" who show up minutes before closing to eat a full meal but our plane doesn't arrive to MCO until 7pm so our choices are limited.

I was also thinking about checking in with them a bit early if we make good time to the resort, maybe we'd have some luck being seated a lil' bit early?

Any insight helps. Thanks so much in advance!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: 8:55 at Boatwrights?

Unread post by Admin »

If Disney takes your booking, you will be served and I doubt there will be any frowning. Boatwright's used to be open until 10pm, so I suspect they rather expect people to be lingering a while.

There's no harm in turning up a little bit early and hoping; I doubt it'll be too crowded by then, and they'll give you a pager so you can go and sit in the bar while you wait.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Blurr

Re: 8:55 at Boatwrights?

Unread post by Blurr »

Thanks for the help, Andre! I am likely overthinking things. I'll go ahead and book the time.

Excited to try the taste of the bayou plate and my wife is looking forward to the cornbread! :D