The POR resorts

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
waltergarcia

The POR resorts

Unread post by waltergarcia »

I’m curious, because of building construction going on at both the other moderates, does Disney have anything planned for the POR resorts? I really hope not, doing what they’ve done at CSR or CBR would totally ruin POR. I’d hate to see a tower or any further building to happen here.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: The POR resorts

Unread post by Admin »

I completely agree with you, very few of the recent resort expansions at WDW have been sympathetic with the original immersive theming of the locations - especially with regard to going vertical to maximise the use of plots of land. The Disney corporate mantra seems to be "build 'em high and sell 'em... even higher".

Thankfully nothing of that nature has been announced for Port Orleans at this time, and hopefully we'll never get to see a DVC Tower blighting this resort. The next planned work is the completion of the Royal Room refurbishments for Oak Manor and Parterre Place, which have been on hold since the original April 2020 target was prevented by COVID. There are no indications that this will happen during the current financial year, but hopefully we may hear something after October.

Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -