Our visit Feb 9-12

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
CarolB

Our visit Feb 9-12

Unread post by CarolB »

We just stayed at French Quarter for the first time! It was wonderful.
We stayed in a newly remodeled room in Building 6. We were on the first floor, just as I had requested.
Our room was very convenient to the food court area and therefore the main entrance area.
We ate at the food court several times, breakfast and late dinner. At all times the service was great and the food very good.

During our stay, Building 5 was shut down for the renovation process. In fact one day we received a voice mail message that they would be testing the fire alarms in Building 5 and not to be concerned if we happened to hear them. They also posted signs about it on the grounds.

It was too cold during our stay to enjoy the grounds to any great extent. We did enjoy a boat ride one evenings and admired the "hardiness" of the kids in the pool and the adults in the hot tub....too cold for us.

We loved our stay and hope to return some time in the future.
CarolB
Gev

Re: Our visit Feb 9-12

Unread post by Gev »

Thank you for posting. Sounds like you had a great time. The photos are lovely.
Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Admin »

Thanks for the photos, sounds like you had a great time. Some friends of mine from the UK were staying at Riverside at the same time as you, and they said they managed to swim every day out of 14, except for two when it was raining... guess we Brits are just used to the chilly weather! :)

A.
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
antgio1107

Unread post by antgio1107 »

Thank you for sharing the pictures are amazing. I can't wait to stay there in May.
mydreamcometrue

Unread post by mydreamcometrue »

I will be making my first trip to Disney in May. Staying at POFQ, our AAA travel agent suggested it. Looks beautiful! Thanks for posting pictures
BrandyF

Unread post by BrandyF »

My family and I are going on our first trip to Disney in April and we will be staying at POFQ. We are so excited, it is a surprise trip for our 5 year old little boy. Your pictures have gotten me even more excited thank you posting them. The grounds look so pretty, I can't wait to see them.