First Time 9/12-9/16

How was your stay at French Quarter? Leave your comments or full trip reports here. Photos welcome.
Forum rules
This forum is for Port Orleans FRENCH QUARTER Trip Reports, not for general questions. Please try to keep your reviews relevant, informative and useful to other visiting families. Thanks!
Mgbeeman13

First Time 9/12-9/16

Unread post by Mgbeeman13 »

I'd like to start by thanking all of you here for helping me plan the most wonderful vacation ever! We got to Orlando the night before check in and stayed offsite. Since all we needed was a bed it was ok but really aside from the staff it was horrible. We decided to find our way to the resort the night before and from the moment we hit the guard station we knew we made the right decision. We were up and ready and waiting to check in at 630 the next morning. FYI if you have a key to the world you can't get it till offices open up at 7 so get the extra sleep. I followed suggestions and 10 days before I did the online checkin but called to request building 6 and an upper floor - I thought we might have time to wander over to riverside and I didn't want a parking lot view. Not only did they give me my request but they also gave us a river view. The room itself was clean and comfortable. No towel animals except our third day when we had a pair of birds waiting on the dresser and our toothbrushes (with travel caps on) had been arranged in another towel creation with polka dot stickers all over. We chose not to charge things to our card and check out was a breeze. The only thing we could complain about, and we did use the busses, was that the hot tub was REALLY hot. We did have the dining plan and used it to check out other resorts and time and time again my hubby and I would remark how pleased we were with our choice. Our kids were blown away by the place and appreciated the fact that the staff made them feel special and welcome too.
disneygirl

Re: First Time 9/12-9/16

Unread post by disneygirl »

so glad you had a good time. My huband and I always check out the other resorts and although I think most of them are really great (not so keen on CBR or CSR or any of the Allstars resorts) we know that POR/FQ is the one for us. Even if we had the money to stay in the GF I still wouldn't. We love the relaxed feel of POR/FQ with all its beautiful landscaping. Its just a pleasure to return to after the hussle and bussle of the parks and when you are walking back to your rooms its just so peaceful and seems less crowded then other resorts. I always feel like I belong there :D
First Visit to POFQ May 1995
Off site in Kissimmee June 1996 (never again)
POR nearly every year since although we did go to Wilderness Lodge one year which was also really nice.
Off site LBV this year 2011 (Wyndham LBV - was just OK but never again)
Disneyland Paris - too many times to count but prob about 20 (not a patch on WDW)
The hubby has been to Disneyland California but was too young to really remember much.