WDW Radio Episode 97
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
WDW Radio Episode 97
Andre, I just listened to you on the WDW Radio Podcast. It was fascinating! I learned so much about the resort and the "back story." My husband & I stayed at Riverside (Alligator Bayou) for the first time in October, and loved it. I found this site before we went and really appreciate all you do to make it informative and up-to-date. Thanks! One of my fondest memories was taking the boat down the Sassagoula River to DTD in the evening. We saw fireworks from somewhere--perhaps Epcot? I would recommend this ride to anyone. Very magical!
Re: WDW Radio Episode 97
Andre, I teach Louisiana history (live in New Orleans) and I am going to play this podcast for my kids tomorrow (its a fun day before Christmas vacation) while they play games. WDW pays so much attention to detail, and you tell the story so well. Thanks. Can't wait for our first visit to Riverside in November. This site makes me excited to go to this resort even though I never would have picked either one on my own (we are a family of 5) 
Re: WDW Radio Episode 97
Thanks for the compliments everyone, glad you all enjoyed the WDW Radio Show and found the Port Orleans info interesting - I had great fun recording the segment with Lou. Hope your class aren't too bored by my ramblings, portocall!
By the way, as a result of the show a listener has come forward with a copy of the French Quarter newspaper backstory and has offered to scan it, so I hope to be able to add that info to the site soon too.
A.
By the way, as a result of the show a listener has come forward with a copy of the French Quarter newspaper backstory and has offered to scan it, so I hope to be able to add that info to the site soon too.
A.

- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Re: WDW Radio Episode 97
Andre, they quite enjoyed your podcast. Mind you, I only played the first part which closely followed the history I teach. Because of your accent, they had to listen a little more carefully, and actually remembered quite a lot, which was good. They got to enjoy your site if they chose afterwards to see what you were talking about, though a few have actually stayed at Riverside. Too bad I can't work it into a field trip... 
Re: WDW Radio Episode 97
Another thank you for your interview with Lou on the podcast.
I totally enjoyed hearing the story of the resort and all your useful information about the resort.
I now have to make an ADR for Boatwrights just to have the French Toast.
We will be there in 2 weeks or so for the Marathon and I have a question about Smoothies (this is my breakfast everyday at home- I really love smoothies). I checked the food court menu and I didn't see them anywhere.
Is it possible to get one of the smoothies from Boatwrights to go?
Or is there anywhere nearby to get smoothies?
Thank you so much for your terrific website! Your info has been such a wonderful help in planning our trip!
I totally enjoyed hearing the story of the resort and all your useful information about the resort.
I now have to make an ADR for Boatwrights just to have the French Toast.
We will be there in 2 weeks or so for the Marathon and I have a question about Smoothies (this is my breakfast everyday at home- I really love smoothies). I checked the food court menu and I didn't see them anywhere.
Is it possible to get one of the smoothies from Boatwrights to go?
Or is there anywhere nearby to get smoothies?
Thank you so much for your terrific website! Your info has been such a wonderful help in planning our trip!
Re: WDW Radio Episode 97
As Lou would say, "Research Trip!"portocall wrote:Too bad I can't work it into a field trip...
A.

- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Re: WDW Radio Episode 97
Thanks for the nice words about the site and about the segment on Lou's show.tamhudson wrote: Is it possible to get one of the smoothies from Boatwrights to go?
Or is there anywhere nearby to get smoothies?
Thank you so much for your terrific website! Your info has been such a wonderful help in planning our trip!
I don't actually know if you can get smoothies to go (I've never tried) but it can't hurt to ask when you're there! If you can't, what about buying pre-prepared drinks from the supermarket and keeping them in the fridge in your room? Would that work?
A.

- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Re: WDW Radio Episode 97
Andre - We actually found this site thanks to the podcast.
So, I'm *really* glad you decided to do it.
tamhudson - I hope you enjoyed your trip! We were at POR during the marathon, but just by chance...we didn't run.
The weather was fantastic!
tamhudson - I hope you enjoyed your trip! We were at POR during the marathon, but just by chance...we didn't run.
