1st Floor Rooms

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Luvs Disney
Posts: 2
Joined: July 10th, 2009, 12:05 am

1st Floor Rooms

Unread post by Luvs Disney »

My husband and I have stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter at least 4 or 5 times. Our next vacation is 9/28-10/9.
We always stay on the top floor because we think it will be quieter-no sounds of running feet overhead or loud televisions. However, I'm tired of climbing the stairs or waiting for the elevator after a long day in the parks. I'd like to get the opinions of people who have stayed on the 1st floor. Can you hear the people above you, the toilets flushing and televisions?
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2094
Joined: September 11th, 2008, 6:44 am
Contact:

Re: 1st Floor Rooms

Unread post by Admin »

We've stayed in both types of room, and I'd say the issue of running feet is probably the biggest one - but only if you happen to get a family with young and enthusiastic kids above you. The 'turbo' toilet flushes and TV noise are no worse on either floor as far as I can tell, as I think most of that noise (if you hear any) will come from the next-door rooms rather than the one above.

A.
Image
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
summerlady
Posts: 5
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 8:55 am

Re: 1st Floor Rooms

Unread post by summerlady »

We always stay first floor and have no noise problems. A flushing toilet occasionally but after the first day I don't even hear that.
JEANYLASER
Posts: 59
Joined: July 5th, 2009, 11:14 am
Location: MIAMI,FLORIDA

Re: 1st Floor Rooms

Unread post by JEANYLASER »

I request the first room and no noise too!
lisam427
Posts: 10
Joined: March 28th, 2009, 9:59 pm

Re: 1st Floor Rooms

Unread post by lisam427 »

with both my 2 previous visits at riverside,we had first floor rooms. one time was in building 17 and the other building 16 . i really didnt notice any issues with noise. no flushing toilets or anything.
Post Reply