WDW Radio Episode 97

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
wdwjan
Posts: 1
Joined: December 15th, 2008, 11:49 pm

WDW Radio Episode 97

Unread post by wdwjan »

Andre, I just listened to you on the WDW Radio Podcast. It was fascinating! I learned so much about the resort and the "back story." My husband & I stayed at Riverside (Alligator Bayou) for the first time in October, and loved it. I found this site before we went and really appreciate all you do to make it informative and up-to-date. Thanks! One of my fondest memories was taking the boat down the Sassagoula River to DTD in the evening. We saw fireworks from somewhere--perhaps Epcot? I would recommend this ride to anyone. Very magical!
portocall
Posts: 9
Joined: December 5th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Re: WDW Radio Episode 97

Unread post by portocall »

Andre, I teach Louisiana history (live in New Orleans) and I am going to play this podcast for my kids tomorrow (its a fun day before Christmas vacation) while they play games. WDW pays so much attention to detail, and you tell the story so well. Thanks. Can't wait for our first visit to Riverside in November. This site makes me excited to go to this resort even though I never would have picked either one on my own (we are a family of 5) :D
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2094
Joined: September 11th, 2008, 6:44 am
Contact:

Re: WDW Radio Episode 97

Unread post by Admin »

Thanks for the compliments everyone, glad you all enjoyed the WDW Radio Show and found the Port Orleans info interesting - I had great fun recording the segment with Lou. Hope your class aren't too bored by my ramblings, portocall!

By the way, as a result of the show a listener has come forward with a copy of the French Quarter newspaper backstory and has offered to scan it, so I hope to be able to add that info to the site soon too.

A.
Image
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
portocall
Posts: 9
Joined: December 5th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Re: WDW Radio Episode 97

Unread post by portocall »

Andre, they quite enjoyed your podcast. Mind you, I only played the first part which closely followed the history I teach. Because of your accent, they had to listen a little more carefully, and actually remembered quite a lot, which was good. They got to enjoy your site if they chose afterwards to see what you were talking about, though a few have actually stayed at Riverside. Too bad I can't work it into a field trip... :(
tamhudson
Posts: 1
Joined: December 22nd, 2008, 7:42 pm

Re: WDW Radio Episode 97

Unread post by tamhudson »

Another thank you for your interview with Lou on the podcast.
I totally enjoyed hearing the story of the resort and all your useful information about the resort.

I now have to make an ADR for Boatwrights just to have the French Toast. :D

We will be there in 2 weeks or so for the Marathon and I have a question about Smoothies (this is my breakfast everyday at home- I really love smoothies). I checked the food court menu and I didn't see them anywhere.
Is it possible to get one of the smoothies from Boatwrights to go?
Or is there anywhere nearby to get smoothies?

Thank you so much for your terrific website! Your info has been such a wonderful help in planning our trip! :)
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2094
Joined: September 11th, 2008, 6:44 am
Contact:

Re: WDW Radio Episode 97

Unread post by Admin »

portocall wrote:Too bad I can't work it into a field trip... :(
As Lou would say, "Research Trip!" :lol:

A.
Image
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2094
Joined: September 11th, 2008, 6:44 am
Contact:

Re: WDW Radio Episode 97

Unread post by Admin »

tamhudson wrote: Is it possible to get one of the smoothies from Boatwrights to go?
Or is there anywhere nearby to get smoothies?
Thank you so much for your terrific website! Your info has been such a wonderful help in planning our trip! :)
Thanks for the nice words about the site and about the segment on Lou's show.

I don't actually know if you can get smoothies to go (I've never tried) but it can't hurt to ask when you're there! If you can't, what about buying pre-prepared drinks from the supermarket and keeping them in the fridge in your room? Would that work?

A.
Image
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
tsukata
Posts: 3
Joined: January 20th, 2009, 3:49 pm

Re: WDW Radio Episode 97

Unread post by tsukata »

Andre - We actually found this site thanks to the podcast. :) So, I'm *really* glad you decided to do it.

tamhudson - I hope you enjoyed your trip! We were at POR during the marathon, but just by chance...we didn't run. :) The weather was fantastic!
Post Reply