This legacy 2008 forum is now closed for new content, with posts preserved for archive viewing.
For current Port Orleans News and discussions, or to ask questions, please join our thriving Facebook Group instead.
PortOrleans.org Discussion Forums
Please post your Trip Reports, Comments & Questions here
We are staying at POR soon and as there are no proper exercise or spa facilities I wondered if anyone has managed to arrange using the facilities in any of the nearby resorts, namely the Old Key West Exercise Room. I've read that you're only allowed to use facilities at your own resort but considering they're all Disney locations and the amount of money being spent I'd hope a friendly chat with a concierge and a tip might swing something? I'm aware there are trails for jogging, renting a bike or swimming at POR but was hoping to do something a bit heavier after working on my fitness for the holiday and the sheer amount of calories I'm going to be consuming over 3 weeks in Orlando!!
That's a really good question. I would think there shouldn't be any problems with this, right? I'm sure if you ask them, they'd be happy to help out and let you use any gym you want.
Unfortunately, gyms are regarded as an exclusive perk of the resort in question, and they don't officially allow other guests to use them. The same applies to resort swimming pools.
Andre
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -