upcomming trip december 3 -10 2011 [Boatwright's question]

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
ladybelle
Posts: 6
Joined: March 1st, 2010, 8:07 pm

upcomming trip december 3 -10 2011 [Boatwright's question]

Unread post by ladybelle »

I will be going to wdw and staying at port orleans riverside. I was hopping to get some feedback on boatwrights; i have never eatten there and i have heard the food and sevice aren't worth the money my friend and i will will be on the dinning plan also could i get some thoughts on the plan thanks so much have a magical day
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2094
Joined: September 11th, 2008, 6:44 am
Contact:

Re: upcomming trip december 3 -10 2011

Unread post by Admin »

We ate at Boatwright's last August with some friends, so there was a group of seven of us, and I really enjoyed it. I hadn't eaten there for about ten years (I know, I know!) and I'd heard mixed reports too, but it was very good and far exceeded my expectations. My wife commented that we'd missed out on a very nice place to eat on our doorstep, and we both enjoyed the meal and the experience far more than we did our meal at Narcoossee's (at the Grand Floridian) for our wedding anniversary the following night, which we felt was a little pretentious and well over twice the price. Boatwright's is not an especially fancy restaurant, but the theming and service were good and the food was great - there are some fairly straight-forward options if that's your preference, or more Cajun-oriented choices to fit in with the resort theme. We had a great evening there.

I'd give it a go, I don't think you'll be disappointed - and of course on the dining plan, it's basically free!

A.
Image
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
peggyracer3
Posts: 37
Joined: February 4th, 2010, 3:59 pm

Re: upcomming trip december 3 -10 2011

Unread post by peggyracer3 »

Thanks for the info. I was thinking about having dinner there once, mainly because it's convenient, when we come--also in December of 2011!--the next time and use the dining plan.
shezamala
Posts: 2
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 9:34 pm

Re: upcomming trip december 3 -10 2011 [Boatwright's question]

Unread post by shezamala »

On our visit to POR, we ate at Boatwright's on two occasions and we absolutely LOVED the food! I went there with my husband, and two sons (one on the adult dining plan and the other on a children's dining plan). We each ate a different entree on each occasion so we got to taste 6 different adult entrees in total and I have to say - they were all fantastic! My husband LOVED the Voodoo chicken, my son LOVED the ribs, and I adored the Steak with Crayfish. We also found the kids meal a little more varied that some other restaurants which was great because my younger son was getting very tired of having chicken fingers everyday (not too much variety for kids at WDW in whole)! Also, we highly recommend the lemon pound cake desert (it has whipped cream and strawberries). It is heavenly! We actually got to try all the deserts and they were all great.

The wait staff were so friendly and attentive. We tipped high both times because they really were just great.

Boatwright's is one of my favorite WDW/WDR restaurants. If you are on the dining plan - there is nothing to loose.
debbiedunnit
Posts: 11
Joined: February 3rd, 2010, 10:43 am

Re: upcomming trip december 3 -10 2011 [Boatwright's question]

Unread post by debbiedunnit »

My husband and I ate a Boatwright's April 2009 twice and both times were excellent. The food was perfect and the wait staff were awesome. We are going back at the end of this April and eating there again twice and I can hardly wait. I had the prime rib and my husband had the medallions - they were both delicious. We were celebrating our birthdays and we got balloons, had happy birthday sung to us and candles in our deserts. Boatwright's is a great place to enjoy a great meal!
Post Reply