Waterview Rooms

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
portocall
Posts: 9
Joined: December 5th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Waterview Rooms

Unread post by portocall »

I am so excited as I booked our first trip to POR for November. What I didn't realize at the time was that I booked a waterview room :shock: . I have read about the "lack of water" in the view, but what I am wondering is whether it will guarantee that I don't have a parking lot view. If it does, I can live with that and will leave it alone. If it doesn't I will call to try to switch. After two trips to All-Star Music, I am really looking forward to this resort... from all the pictures I have seen, it looks beautiful.
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2094
Joined: September 11th, 2008, 6:44 am
Contact:

Re: Waterview Rooms

Unread post by Admin »

Yes, a water view room will guarantee that you don't get a parking lot view. At Riverside you will get either a river view or you will overlook a swimming-pool - you can request one type of view if you wish (just call them and get your preference added to your booking) but requests are never 100% guaranteed. In November you stand a fairly good chance though, as long as you're not there over Thanksgiving weekend when it can get busy.

The views all round Riverside are lovely (see the photo gallery for some ideas) so I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

A.
Image
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
teacher7s
Posts: 1
Joined: December 13th, 2008, 7:05 pm

Re: Waterview Rooms

Unread post by teacher7s »

It's so funny as I read these boards, I find people just like our family. We, too, are planning a trip Nov. 09 to POR. We've never stayed there before, bec. we've stayed at AS Music the past two trips. And we thought we were so unique. Good luck on your trip. :D
portocall
Posts: 9
Joined: December 5th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Re: Waterview Rooms

Unread post by portocall »

Hi Teacher7! That is too funny. We are going Novemeber 21-26th. Good luck on your trip! I can't wait to try out this resort, a big change from All-Star Music!
v-1
Posts: 1
Joined: December 23rd, 2008, 5:05 am

Re: Waterview Rooms

Unread post by v-1 »

Hi all

We are staying at POR in a waterview room arriving the 1st Dec 09 . Its our first time onsite and can't wait :D
Thanks for the great site Andre
Post Reply