Is There Shuttle Service from the Lobby?

General questions or comments about either of the Port Orleans Resorts. Need to know something that's not covered by the rest of the site? Ask here!
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
User avatar
Chattyaholic
Posts: 7
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:57 am

Is There Shuttle Service from the Lobby?

Unread post by Chattyaholic »

My Mom and I are planning a trip to Disney, and possibly stay at the Port Orleans Riverside. I'm wondering if there is a shuttle service from the lobby to take us to the building we're staying at or do we have to walk? Mom is 71 and even though she will walk a lot in the parks, I'd rather save her some steps any time I can.
User avatar
Chattyaholic
Posts: 7
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:57 am

Re: Is There Shuttle Service from the Lobby?

Unread post by Chattyaholic »

Nobody knows the answer to my question? :(
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2094
Joined: September 11th, 2008, 6:44 am
Contact:

Re: Is There Shuttle Service from the Lobby?

Unread post by Admin »

Sorry, somehow missed this question.

There isn't a planned shuttle-bus service around the resort per se - but that said, after 10.30am the buses from the main (South Depot) bus station normally do a circle tour around the other stops (West, North, East) before going on to their final destination. You'd need to double-check with the driver first though, in case he's not calling at the other stops on this trip.

Apart from driving, there's no easy way to do it in reverse though - i.e. to get from an outlying building back to the central facilities area.

Personally, I'd suggest making a room location request on medical grounds so you get a room located close to the main building.

A.
Image
- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
TagsMissy
Posts: 2
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 7:27 pm

Re: Is There Shuttle Service from the Lobby?

Unread post by TagsMissy »

You can always check with Bell Service if they can drive you though expect to tip whomever drives the cart if you do this. We were given a lovely tour by our Bell Boy on our last trip... (we didn't ask he offered if we wanted a tour as we went to pickup our luggage after our tour. I wish I could remember his name as he was amazing and I wanted to write Disney to let them know how impressed we were with him. Hopefully I will see him next week so I can email them with his name and praise :)

But as mentioned in the PP I'd request a room close to the Lobby/Food court using medical reasons as the reasoning.
Post Reply