I do have a question however. How hard will it be to meet up between the two resorts. I am assuming we will probally be on different busses and boats. What would be the longest walk between the two... main pool to main pool?
This site convinced my family members to stay here
Forum rules
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
Please check out the FAQs Page before posting, in case your question has already been answered.
This site convinced my family members to stay here
I do have a question however. How hard will it be to meet up between the two resorts. I am assuming we will probally be on different busses and boats. What would be the longest walk between the two... main pool to main pool?
Re: This site convinced my family members to stay here
Hey Portocall,
I'm not trying to steal the admin's thunder by answering your post, but since I've stayed at both resorts A LOT, I can tell you that they are within walking distance of each other. They are right next to each other and the water taxi's go to both resorts. You can catch a water taxi that will take you from pool to pool. The pools are very close to the water taxi launches.
See attached file of an overhead shot of the two resorts. I've circled the pool areas. You can see the river in the middle that the water taxi's use.
Port Orleans Riverside used to be called the Dixie Landings resort. I guess Google never updated the info...
Hope this helps.
Jay
I'm not trying to steal the admin's thunder by answering your post, but since I've stayed at both resorts A LOT, I can tell you that they are within walking distance of each other. They are right next to each other and the water taxi's go to both resorts. You can catch a water taxi that will take you from pool to pool. The pools are very close to the water taxi launches.
See attached file of an overhead shot of the two resorts. I've circled the pool areas. You can see the river in the middle that the water taxi's use.
Port Orleans Riverside used to be called the Dixie Landings resort. I guess Google never updated the info...
Hope this helps.
Jay
- Attachments
-
- Map of the two resorts with pool areas circled. The resort used to be called Dixie Landings, hence the name on the map.
- PortOrleansMap.jpg (85.88 KiB) Viewed 11555 times
Re: This site convinced my family members to stay here
Many thanks for the info Jay, anyone is very welcome to post replies - saves me a lot of time! LOL
The details are mostly in the FAQ page on this site already to be honest (see http://www.portorleans.org/faqs.php#Distances) but the walk between the two resorts is less than 1000 yards (for example, food court to food court is 875 yards). If your rooms happen to be at convenient locations near the edges of each resort (e.g. Parterre Place at POR, and Building 7 at POFQ) you could walk between them in perhaps five minutes. Of course if you're both at opposite sides of the site, it would take a good bit longer. Walking from one pool to the other would take less than 15 minutes, or as Jay says you could take the boat and be there in five mins. The boat from POR to Downtown Disney stops at POFQ en route, so you could pick up your sister there if you wanted (as long as the boat is not too full of course).
The buses MOSTLY pick up at French Quarter first and then pick up at Riverside, but sometimes when it's busy they operate different buses for each resort so it'd be a good idea to check with the driver if you're planning to go from POFQ to POR by bus. See http://www.portorleans.org/transport.php.
A.
The details are mostly in the FAQ page on this site already to be honest (see http://www.portorleans.org/faqs.php#Distances) but the walk between the two resorts is less than 1000 yards (for example, food court to food court is 875 yards). If your rooms happen to be at convenient locations near the edges of each resort (e.g. Parterre Place at POR, and Building 7 at POFQ) you could walk between them in perhaps five minutes. Of course if you're both at opposite sides of the site, it would take a good bit longer. Walking from one pool to the other would take less than 15 minutes, or as Jay says you could take the boat and be there in five mins. The boat from POR to Downtown Disney stops at POFQ en route, so you could pick up your sister there if you wanted (as long as the boat is not too full of course).
The buses MOSTLY pick up at French Quarter first and then pick up at Riverside, but sometimes when it's busy they operate different buses for each resort so it'd be a good idea to check with the driver if you're planning to go from POFQ to POR by bus. See http://www.portorleans.org/transport.php.
A.

- The Unofficial Visitor's Guide to the Port Orleans Resorts in Orlando, Florida -
Re: This site convinced my family members to stay here
Thanks Jay, that helped a ton! Great advice, I did request to be in a building close to access to Old Man Island (building 27 and 38 in particular) so time will tell if they are able to accomodate our request. If they can't, no biggie. And my boys are really hoping to try out both pools providing the weather is warm enough.
